Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ice, Ice, Ouchy
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

Cycle paths are safe right? Not when they have bloody black ice on them they’re not! I should have stayed on the roads!!! Turned a corner and wahay!!!!! I’m airborne then plop I’m on the deck swearing and in pain. Not the best start to the week 😆

growinglad
    Free Member

I can’t stress enough how careful you have to be with this sort of thing, I hit ice and ended up with Four broken vertebrae. I can still remember what it felt like when (I think) my ribs clicked back into place.

Glad you are okay, tricky stuff ice, whenever it’s 0 or less and the paths are clear my spidey sense goes into over drive.

njee20
    Free Member

Roads far better than paths when it’s cold! Busier the better!

andyl
    Free Member

Got a bit of an ice phobia now after seriously thinking I had split my patella in half after going down hard onto my right knee on icy rocks.

jekkyl

been there myself and it is awful. As soon as you hit the deck you’re just as concerned about getting up quickly off the wet cold floor as the pain you’re in.

adsh
    Free Member

I had massive accident this January (32mph on sheet ice which luckily was a proper sheet and extended a long way thus minimising road rash)

I have a limit of 3c on dry roads and 4c on wet roads and only in daylight.I set out at 3c on dry roads but the temperature was about 1c in hollows and field run off had frozen. I couldn’t see it in the dark.

rOcKeTdOg

I came down twice on black ice last week, on the road, the thoughtful driver I fell off in front of said “gotta be careful, there’s black ice about” no shit sherlock!

scaredypants
    freeagent
    Free Member

I just avoid it completely – not worth ending up with a broken hip.

TimothyD
    Free Member

I’ve just got some spiked tyres, they’re getting me fitter while I break them in, and winter hasn’t quite left yet, so it feels like sensibleness to have splashed out on some. 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ice, Ice, Ouchy’ is closed to new replies.