• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ice ice baby? Jacob's tomorrow
  • ebennett

Forecast for Ladybower/Hayfield in the Peak tomorrow is for it to hover around 2-4 degrees for most of the day. Is this likely to mean ice up on the tops? And is there any snow still hanging around from last weekend?

Thinking of doing Ladybower>Hagg>Jaggers>Chapel>Roych>Coldwell>Jacob’s>Beast>Lockerbrook but don’t really fancy sliding down Jacob’s on my face if it’s icy! Never done Jacob’s in cold conditions before but I’d guess the top section gets a bit sketchy? Had a look on KofTP but not much indication of what’s likely.

scaled
    Free Member

I’ve done it in the ice, it’s not that much fun.

Quite a lot Jacobs stays in the shade for most of the day

slowoldman

I’ve walked it in icy conditions and wished I had packed crampons!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ebennett

Yeah, can’t imagine it would be fun! Might just assess it when I get up Chapel gate and turn around and do Greenlands instead if it’s icy.

km79
    Free Member

Self tapping screws + cordless drill = DIY Ice Tyres

jeffl

Sat in the middle of Sheffield typing this. Not seen any ice in the Peaks for a while. Went and played up on Mam Tor last Saturday and whilst there was snow on the top everything around it was ice free at 9am, bar the odd bit of slush.

Recent weather hasn’t caused any ice and looking at the forecast it’s going to be cloudy and foggy at Castleton with a min temperature of 2 Celsius. I think you’ll be fine.

ebennett

Thanks Jeffl, think I’ll probably give it a go as it’s been a few weeks since I was up there!

Pook

ebennett – looked like the snow had gone. I reckon you’ll be fine. I sometimes put a call out on kofthep to find out if anyone’s been up. In fact, I’ll do that now for you :O)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ice ice baby? Jacob's tomorrow’ is closed to new replies.