Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Ice Ice Baby – Came Off.
  • jekkyl

Out for a ride tonight and the world has turned into an Ice Rink! I came a cropper not 15 minutes into the ride, gave my thigh a nasty bang and slid along the floor on my arse for a metre or 2. Completely lost my nerve on any road descent for the rest of the ride, I saw Ice everywhere, really rather annoying.

wiggles
    Free Member

Ice can be deadly when I play a dope melody
    Anything less that the best is a felony
    Love it or leave it
    You better gain way
    You better hit bull’s eye
    The kid don’t play
    If there was a problem
    Yo, I’ll solve it
    Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it

Sorry just triggers it off in my head…

jekkyl

Vanilla…

RustySpanner

Just done the comedy skating routine myself 🙂

There was a hell of a lot of standing water on the way home from work earlier.
    Glad I’m off tomorrow.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoLW7g8pLaI[/video]

gb1m
    Free Member

I fell on my arse going to the shed . on two wheels it would be scary.

jekkyl

I’m not going out in it again.
    Here’s what I was rocking tonight

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me_yl82pDqE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

JoeG
    Free Member

I rode 7 or 8 miles on a hilly bike trail this evening; mostly icy footprints from walkers, some slush. I never even came close to crashing or losing control, not even once. It was a piece of cake, to be honest! 8)

(I do have studded tires, though! 😉 )

sbob
    Free Member

wiggles – Member

Ice can be deadly when I play a dope melody
    Anything less that the best is a felony
    Love it or leave it
    You better gain way
    You better hit bull’s eye
    The kid don’t play
    If there was a problem
    Yo, I’ll solve it
    Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it

Sorry just triggers it off in my head…

I may be smashed but hats off for that post sir. 8)

pondo

I was pretty phlegmatic about the risk of ice…

… Right up until my first black ice incident, earlier this year. No warning, and not a chance in hell of either doing anything about it or staying on the bike – had trouble getting up Church Lane in the car this morning, it was that slippy. Saw a couple of hardy fools out on motorbikes and thought good luck to you, pal – same to anyone who has to pedal when there’s ice about.

ska-49
    Free Member

Hit some ice on my commuter today. Around a corner under a bridge. Missed the parked cars by inches. I did laugh to myself for about 10 mins after though. Probably cause I didn’t do much damage and because I it was sort of fun… 3 crashes in 6 weeks of starting my new job commuting.

ndthornton
    Free Member

JoeG

sorry to urinate on your campfire but mountain biking in icy conditions is much easier (and much more fun) than road riding. No warning at all on a dark road….wham….owwwwww

jekkyl

Just got out of bed, big multicoloured patch on my thigh, ouch! No cycling for me today 🙁

beej

Yep, first ever fall off a road bike this morning – in about seven years of road riding. Sheet ice on a T-junction that I was turning left at, bike slid out with almost no warning.

happyrider
    Free Member

I had a chap I see most days on my commute, also on a bike. He gave me the international wheel spin beware of ice gesture after wheel spinning away from the traffic lights out of Dorking. New one on me.

instanthit
    Free Member

I managed to come off twice this morning in my 3 mile commute: damage count; bruised and cut shin on right leg, bruised left knee, sore arse and cut to my nuts!!! and broken my front brake lever, fortunatley on my crappy pub/commute bike, and not on road with any traffic.

lilchris
    Free Member

Swapped to the studded Winter Marathons today.

Used to fall off as a kid on the ice with my mates, but was padded to the nines.

Now, wearing thin layers, in heavy traffic, no thanks!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Ice Ice Baby – Came Off.’ is closed to new replies.