Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Ice Hockey – a sport where you still get proper fights!
  • namastebuzz
    Free Member

Great commentary too 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B185Pn_Wkh4&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Pigface
    Free Member

I can’t get excited about British Ice Hockey, one of the greatest fights of all time was the Sens against the Flyers, look it up on youtube, in the end there are so many ejections that the teams end up with something like 5 players between them on the benches. Still a record for penalty minutes.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Amazing difference from the attitudes seen in football.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Unreal. The commentators see the fight as just a part of the game.

Cougar

Seen the Panthers many times back in the Manchester Storm days, mid-to-late 90s. They were always pretty brutal, Rob Trumbley was a proper animal.

Attacking a netminder is a fast-track to getting a right kicking, mind.

iDave
    Free Member

childish retards

Kit
    Free Member

childish retards

Oh the ironing posting that on STW!

meehaja
    Free Member

I remember the good old days of uk ice hockey (I was a panthers season ticket holder). I understand money is a big part of the game, but the constant advertising, rubbish music and wedding disco feel of the whole event puts me off, I haven’t been for years. The fighting is a big part of the game, but it is usually a bit more “sporting” than attacking people form behind. Certainly, much more entertaining than football!

If only mountain bike racing was this exciting, with everyone throwing their bikes down so they could wade in to a big punch up while referees in stripy jerseys tried to pull them apart.

t-obias
    Free Member

Was there for that bench clearance against Coventry. Ref had no control over the game. Shame the Panthers didn’t come away with anything from the game.

Far more enjoyable than a football match IMHO.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I don’t bother with British hockey anymore, not since the demise of my home team The Durham Wasps. Compared to NHL, British hockey is like watching primary school football.
    Cant wait for my ESPN card to come.

here’s the tallest hockey player in the NHL trying to shake a terrier off…

& Rick Rypien, who you wouldn’t want to mess with..

namastebuzz
    Free Member

I’d certainly buy a ticket to see a bunch of football players in a punch up with a bunch of ice hockey players. 😆

1981miked
    Free Member

Just been playing Ice Hockey! No fights tonight tho, just a sore are from blocking a shot, sore legs fom lots of skating but a massive grin on my “childish retard” face!

No buzz like it. So happy there is an Ice Hockey thread on STW!

CountZero

Went to a fight once and an ice hockey game broke out half way through…

(very old joke)

1981miked
    Free Member

Sure is!

It is just part of the game, good to clear the air i say!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Just been playing Ice Hockey! No fights tonight tho, just a sore are from blocking a shot, sore legs fom lots of skating but a massive grin on my “childish retard” face!

No buzz like it. So happy there is an Ice Hockey thread on STW!

I played rec hockey for the Durham supporters team, The Dragons (always Dragon our feet) I loved Monday night practice which started about 9.30pm!
    If you have to explain hockey to someone, they wouldn’t understand anyway.

1981miked
    Free Member

Tis true!

U need to be a believer. Ha ha.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

I’d have loved to play ice hockey but never learned to skate as a kid.

Made up for it by playing American Football for several years instead 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Ice Hockey – a sport where you still get proper fights!’ is closed to new replies.