Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ice and or Snow around Ladybower, Bamford and Hathersage?
  • cyclepathologist
    Free Member

Any locals know if there is ice or snow on the gravel bridleway from the A57 to the top end of the reservoirs and back along the road and then through Bamford to Hathersage on the A roads?
    I’m going for a (cyclocross bike) ride with a new’ish cyclist on this route on Wednesday but if it’s slippery, I may need to rethink the route.

antigee

webcam at outside in hathersage
    http://www.outside.co.uk/latest/weather

from Penistone way all i could see was a dusting on the tops so my guess would be clear but below 0deg C (just) the road sections around kings tree to the cafe lare prone to black ice especially the bits always in the shade as may already know

presumably someone will be along with facts at some point

tlr

It’ll be fine.

I’m sitting in Hathersage at the moment, snow is only quite high up now, nothing on the roads at all. Probably all gone by Wednesday I’d have thought.

cyclepathologist
    Free Member

Thank you all.

nosedive
    Free Member

I drove over the snake yesterday, there was quite a lot of snow at the high points, a little bit stuck in the grass around the low bits near ladybower. I would guess if you are staying on the low level stuff you should be OK. Roads are fine now as well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ice and or Snow around Ladybower, Bamford and Hathersage?’ is closed to new replies.