• This topic has 67 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Crag.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • Ibrahimovic Goal
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Am I the only one who feels a bit let down by this, when listening to it on the radio it sounded great. When I saw it I was a bit ho hum. Maybe I am just a bit jaded 😕

BoardinBob

good goal but it was hit and hope rather than total skill

molgrips
    Free Member

The commentators and some people seem to think it was a mark of genius. I think it was just very jammy. Otherwise, I would have to consider my schoolmate Tom as the greatest basketball player of all time due to a significantly more spectacular shot he made when we were in the 4th year.

wwaswas
    Klunk
    Free Member

defensive error, when goal keeper is committed like that as a defender you go all the way back to the goal line. Just in time to head it away.

Edukator
    Free Member

Well I’ve been hearing about it on the radio all day and that’s the first time I’ve seen it. Brilliant and only an England supporter would say otherwise.

allthepies
    Free Member

Absolutely amazing goal. It may have been a fluke but he was going for goal and it went in 🙂

markfu
    Free Member

Totally agree, everyone is raving about it on bookface. Too much of a looper, and he looked more like he was just falling backwards to me. Proper hit and hope imo. Rooneys against City a while back was miles better (And i don’t like Rooney, or Manure)

molgrips
    Free Member

It was lucky! He just smacked it goalwards!

glupton1976
    Free Member

It was ok but it was no Archie Gemmill effort.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3FvlWyyAKg[/video]

Haze

Good as it was, Rooney’s was a bit of a shinner.

Sinclair scored the best overhead I’ve seen.

I was also disappointed after seeing it for the first time a few minutes ago, but that’s probably more down to the hype about it all day long…

nealglover
    Free Member

He backed off the keeper knowing all he could really do was head it away and be badly out of position.

He then performed a perfect shot on goal from a very difficult and awkward angle.

The ball didn’t even touch the ground outside the goal, just straight in, bang on target.

And that was his Fourth goal of the match.

But yes, you are probably right.

Nothing special, just a fluke while he was “falling over backwards” 🙄

molgrips
    Free Member

There’s no way of knowing how much was skill and how much was fluke.

If he keeps doing stuff like that, then it would tend more towards skill.

Edukator
    Free Member

Four goals in one match against England = not a fluke.

mulv1976
    Free Member

Surely all goals are “hit and hope” aren’t they?! There’s no point hitting and not hoping…

This was a quality goal – one of the very best imo and I can understand why he is the most expensive player ever (£150m in cumulative transfers!). He scored 4 goals in this match, albeit a friendly against England (who will always be shite IMO and yes I’m English). Rooneys goal was good too but he couldn’t do that in an international match cos he’s always crap for England.

treemagnet
    Free Member

I only saw the last couple of minutes of the match, but that was brilliant!
    Love to see good goals … no matter which team scores them.

nealglover
    Free Member

Four goals in an International would suggest he is more than just Flukey wouldn’t you say ?

And being the Captain of his National Team, and the Third Most expensive player in the History of the game, would suggest he is relying on Skill a little more than he is on Fluke ??

Junkyard
    Free Member

heard commentary went to watch n the telly and whilst ther eis good technique to hit it he hts a ball overhead into an empty net
    the defender running back makes it look spectacular but it was lucky.

Its a cracking goal but nowhere near as good as the media – they would hype a turd these days [ insert player of choice for your amusement] as pele

You know how old he is right…you are keen footy fan then eh

He has always had the touch of genius but has no consistency.

Good goal but not great as a bit ht and hope but good technique

Would like to see it with the defender photoshopped out- bet it looks like he did an overhead kick into an empty net from a long way out as that is indeed what he did

molgrips
    Free Member

Four goals in an International would suggest he is more than just Flukey wouldn’t you say ?

I never said he was relying on fluke for his career. Just that particular goal was jammy.

If it were me trying it, let’s say I’d have a 1% chance of it going in. He might have a 5% chance of it going in. But we can never measure that unless he continues to try shots like that, so we can measure his success rate.

I’m not saying he’s not a good player, he clearly is, but there was a large element of luck in that particular goal.

allthepies
    Free Member

Part of the genius (for want of a better word) is the fact that he even considered going for it.

glupton1976
    Free Member

I wonder what effect his Tae Kwon Do training had on his ability to do acrobatic kicks. (He’s a black belt)

nealglover
    Free Member

Just that particular goal was jammy.

It was exactly what he intended to do.

And he did it.

Perfectly.

Not sure exactly how that can be classed a Flukey ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

how many times out of a 100 do you think he would be able to do it?

Flukey is a bit much to strong though but he could not do it everytime so what word would you prefer?

nealglover
    Free Member

That method of gauging skill/fluke would make scoring from the penalty spot Flukey too though wouldn’t it ?

Can’t do it every time, so when you do it’s a fluke.

As to what word I would prefer, just appreciating a great goal would be fine, and not taking every opportunity possible to be negative for a change.

[Edit] – I forgot where I was for a minute. Nobody here actually “likes” or “enjoys” anything do they.

..he looked more like he was just falling backwards to me

Must have seen a different goal to me ?

martinhutch

I was expecting an overhead beating Hart on the line, not just looped over a few heads, so it was a bit disappointing given the hype.

_tom_
    Free Member

Well I thought it was awesome.

brakes
    Free Member

it was a great opportunist goal, but I could have scored it too.

nickjb
    Free Member

I thought it was pretty special. 3 good goals before it show it was at bit more than fluke.

martinhutch

Still special, I agree, just some way short of ‘best goal evah..’

molgrips
    Free Member

I said jammy, not flukey. There’s a difference.

Junkyard
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

POSTED 49 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

nealglover
    Free Member

🙂

markfu
    Free Member

It was exactly what he intended to do.

And he did it.

Perfectly.

It would have gone in the far top corner, with a lower trajectory, and he would have looked more athletic in the execution for it to have been perfect :mrgreen:. 8.5/10, a very good goal, but not jizzing your pants worthy.

timc
    Free Member

the terrible defending takes the shine of it for me…

better goals a plenty

Van Basten volley still my favourite

druidh
    Free Member

Best goal ever?

I don’t think it compares with this.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0NT6aUwN8c[/video]

Garry_Lager

Worthy of pants jizzing IMHO. Out of the very top drawer, the nature of the game is the only thing that takes the shine off it (bit like that outrageous Roberto Carlos free kick in that respect).

As mentioned, it’s the fact that he had the bottle to instinctively try it – many would not. He’s reacted to something unexpected and executed it with great panache.

davidjones15
    Free Member

There’s only one Mickey Thomas.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfg9lYXQO3k[/video]

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

From the BBC. Class!

An example of Ibrahimovic’s trademark confidence came in the build-up to the friendly. When asked to grade his international career while on the cusp of receiving his 100th cap, Gerrard responded: “Six or seven.”

In contrast, when posed with the same question on Wednesday night, Ibrahimovic replied without hesitation: “Ten.”

nealglover
    Free Member

As much as i think it was a fantastic goal, its far from being the best goal ever (did someone actually say that ?)

The Gascoine goal was far superior.

As we’re many others.

But it was still a Fantastic goal.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I dont think anyone said it was the “best goal ever” did they?

Trevor Sinclairs overhead kick was better I thought.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q0ANjqm0YY[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Ibrahimovic Goal’ is closed to new replies.