Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ibiza bike hire and trails
  • steeble
    Free Member

Begrudgingly Im off to ibiza next week. We are staying in the north of the island in Portinatx and I was wondering if anyone knows of a good bike rental place (preferably MTB but Ill do road if I have to). There do seem to a few a places online and Ive found a few trails but just thought Id see if anyone had some personal insight on the matter.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

i understand Portinax is a great base for Ibiza riding but no idea about hire places. just take your own?

steeble
    Free Member

Will be taking a toddler and a pregnant wife, dont fancy the extra hassle of taking my bike as well. Reckon its probably some budget airline were heading off with too who will probably charge £100 to take a bike

loddrik
    Free Member

You’re on holiday. Forget the biking for a week or two and spend all your time with your family. I’m sure your pregnant wife would prefer you were with her and the toddler. And the toddler for that matter. Surely holiday is family time…

steeble
    Free Member

Biking has been all but forgotten for normal time. Biking will most likely be kept to evenings after baby is off to bed and wife has fallen into pregnancy induced slumber

aardvarkissues
    Free Member

Talk to Ash at Ride Ibiza.

Was out there a month ago with the bikes and it was some of the best riding I’ve ever done. He’s pretty accommodating and they’ve got some Zesty’s to rent out.

poolman
    Free Member

I have a book of trails for ibiza. I can copy some across to you
    if u email me. I d get the ferry over to formentera from ibiza town
    for the best beaches. i live on the mainland but will be in formentera
    Next week. Be warned eating beachside gets pricey.

falkirk-mark

Watching this with some interest as I am going to Portinatx mid June and fancy a couple of days on the bike.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

I spent 10 days road riding on Ibiza last August, its lovely – got my hire bike from Kandani.es – they deliver round the island, was an Orbea Avant with 105 in really good condition, they also did Giant and had MTB’s from hardtails up to high-end full-suss. Not sure about MTB but certainly lots of quiet roads with little low speed traffic and I did see a fair few MTB’s on the back of cars – there are camino roads that lead into the interior.

Up near Portinax is the hillier bit but nothing is too extreme, we did the ’round the island’ ride which was fun although traffic in Ibiza Old Town and Sant Antoni was a little slow, also did lots of 50-100k road loops around the interior.

Veloclub Ibiza are worth a look on strava – they do road guiding, or as mentioned above Ride Ibiza

poolman
    Free Member

Links here
    ibizacicloturismo.com
    ibizabtt.com

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ibiza bike hire and trails’ is closed to new replies.