Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ibis Ripley LS 3.0 – Anyone ridden / own?
  • bennyboy1
    Free Member

Has anyone ridden the new Ibis Ripley LS 3.0 yet? I read the STW review back in December of the Ripley LS 2.0 and it was very favourable and as a previous owner of an Ibis Mojo and a Tranny they’re a brand I’d certainly go back to.

Anyone?

honourablegeorge

Have a friend riding the 2.0 LS, he really likes it, but long and slack it is not. I couldn’t believe how short it was, it’s even shorter than the HD3.

bungalistic
    Free Member

I’ve only ridden the 2.0 version and thought it was superb, a really fun & fast bike. As honourablegeorge says they are quite short compared to many other brands though, I rode the large (i’m only 5’8″) and it still wasn’t very big. Don’t think they’ve changed the geo that much for the new version either.

bennyboy1
    Free Member

I’m 6ft 2 and both my previous Mojo & Tranny were both XL frames so I’d certainly still be on an XL Ripley LS 3 frame.

I’m quite surprised how rare these seem to be so far though, just don’t seem to be on the trails.

bowie278
    Free Member

Hi Bennyboy, I have a pretty dream spec Ibis Ripley LS for sale if it’s of any interest? Very opportunistic of me I know. Great bike though, so bloody quick.

harvey
    Free Member

hi, i have the ripley LS about a month now. i had a turner flux (26) before.
    i absolutely love the ripley. it climbs technical stuff brilliantly and its really stable and confident on the technical down stuff. aside from the new bike factor, it has renewed my enthusiasm for the sport. before buying i tried the evil following, a spec. camber and a trek fuel. i am happy to discuss if you want to get in touch

bennyboy1
    Free Member

Bowie278 – no worries in mentioning your Ripley LS for sale, unfortuntately it’s the wrong size for me, I’d be after an XL.

Harvey – gld to hear that you’re enjoying your new LS, sounds a great ride.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I looked at these, saw the numbers and decided it’s a bike for holding market position whilst they work on a proper version. Shirt and tall and not what I’m after so I looked elsewhere.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ibis Ripley LS 3.0 – Anyone ridden / own?’ is closed to new replies.