Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Ibis Mojo
  • mrmojo
    Free Member

I'm 5,10 and caught inbetween a med and a large I opted for the med I thought the large felt to big. Still not got round to fitting the Lopes link yet, but does it really stiffen the back end up ? anyone on here upgraded ?

DrDomRob
    Free Member

What's the Lopez link?

chakaping
    Free Member

I demo-ed a Mojo when the importers 2 Pure took them to a local shop's demo day. Maybe contact them to see if they are doing more?

FWIW I had been on a Zesty just before and I liked that much better, and bought one.

The Mojo was nice but a bit more neutral. I'd want to try one before dropping £2k on a frame.

mrmojo
    Free Member

DrDomRob
    The Lopes Link is an upgrade for the Mojo and Mojo SL which offers increased lateral and torsional rigidity of the rear end of the bike.
    I think most HD's came with it fitted as standard.

Looks like this

Hadge
    Free Member

Here's the small sized SL I've been riding and I must admit it's a mighty fine bike. One thing that really pleased me was how quiet it was as I was expecting a noisy ride with it being made of carbon. Very stiff, excellent climbing and the steering was very snappy and sharp. I think the very low weight certainly helped and made it very quick off the mark. One thing I will say and is something I'm finding after owning a few "boutique" brands is just how similar they all are and it's only after months of ownership you find just how good they are and what bad points they have. I've had 2 Turner 5 Spots (HL models), Yeti 575 (08) Intense 5.5 and SC Blur plus S Works Enduro/FSR's and they are all good bikes with not one being perfect but some better than others on certain areas. I'd recommend any of the above bikes to own as they will delight anyone but I honestly and genuinely believe that the HL Turner is the best overall and suits our conditions and trails so much better than the rest. One mans meat though blah blah blah

Mike
    Free Member

Looking good Paul, can I have 1st dibs when you get bored of it 😉

Hadge
    Free Member

Mike it's not mine but my bosses bike at BETD. I've borrowed it for a few days and been giving it a good going over and must say I thoroughly enjoyed it even though some parts fitted wouldn't be on it if I built it up but that's just a personal thing and no reflection on the Ibis itself. My boredom's been rectified by the purchase of another 5 Spot so I'm still smilling even though the Ibis has gone 😀

PikeBN14
    Free Member

Bit marmite for me and I'm not on the love party!
    Never ridden one, because of the looks, first time I saw one I thought it
    Was something old and no longer made. Another vote for the zesty here, loving my 714!

andrewh
    Free Member

There was one at Margam last week with a lefty on it, looked great. Belong to anyone here? Pics?

Nonsense
    Free Member

Try http://www.stif.co.uk if you want one on 0%. They are going to be doing the HD as well. I had my finger hovering over a large white HD and a set of FOX 36's but found out my wife was pregnant with our first child. So it's endless sleepless nights, worry, poo, and poverty instead. Happy days.

andrewh
    Free Member

If you've only just found out, I assume it's not too late to do something about it?

DrDomRob
    Free Member

oooooooooooooh bad taste right there!

convert

It should have been in the mix when I bought my 5spot, but something about the way it looks put me off – and I'm a form follows function kind of guy, and I bought a slightly fungly 5spot. No accounting for (my bad) taste I guess.

DrDomRob
    Free Member

I have to admit I have been tempted by the 5 spot HL, and the Nicolai's as well, but I think the Mojo is so pretty. The missus might have to find another bed.

Hadge
    Free Member

I'd only seen the Mojo in the magazines then we became dealers and after looking at them frames in the flesh they are much better than you'd think. The raw carbon looks so good but also the coloured ones are very very nice and superbly finished. Changed my mind completely. How the finish will last long term and also the bearings will be another issue but any bike has yearly running costs anyway.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Nice bike but get a Turner best bike I have owned and ever will!

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Trouble with Turner and Nicolai is that they look a bit…. ordinary.

Hadge – where are you based?

Hadge
    Free Member

I'm in Newcastle Under Lyme – the Midlands 😀

Hadge
    Free Member

I'm not saying this as I own a Turner but yes, they look a bit "ordinary" but they really do ride very very well and don't shout "I'm flash" at you and they just get on with the job in hand. They are ideal for our weather, laugh at mud and the geomoetry inspires you being just relaxed enough for confidence riding down steep stuff whilst never feeling twitchy through twisty tight steep singeltrack. The 5.5 is very close but suffers from bearing issues that mean you have to be on top of maintenance all the time or else the ride really does suffer. The 575 is another top top bike and one I'd happily recommend to anyone as is the Ibis

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Hmmm. I don't suppose you do demo days in Dorset do you!?

convert

I think my problem (and it's definitely my problem, not the bikes) is I was immersed in triathlon when carbon hit that sport and we had stuff like this:-

all around us and I can't not think of the joker when I see a mojo. Joker riders were such look at me cocks when half of us were still on steel (just bought another steel frame – circular world we live in). Totally irrational as they don't look anything like each other but it's like being there at the dawn of a new material all over again as designers experiment with weird shapes.

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Wow! Well, I'm not a look at me cock (I think) but I am a materials engineer and like to appreciate the cool and funky engineering solutions new materials offer.

I'm hoping that designers have learnt from previous mistakes and are designing appropriate layups to make the best use of the material properties.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

DomRob, I'm in Dorset and have a medium mojo if you want a go. However, I won't be back in the UK till July, so you'd have to wait till then. If you are after one, I know http://www.torico.co.uk can get them.

Joxster
    Free Member

Bike Lab in Poole are an Ibis dealer, and you should be able to demo a bike with them.

http://www.bikelab.co.uk/

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Awesome 😀

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Just been in touch with them, hopefully gonna have a test ride soon, might organise a ride on some of their other kit whilst I'm looking at it.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Ibis Mojo’ is closed to new replies.