Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ibis Mojo with CCDB (?)
  • BMC09
    Free Member

does anyone run a Ibis Mojo / Mojo SL with a Cane Creek Double Barrel?

am considering putting one on mine and wondering people’s opinions/experience.

Cheers

dreednya

Saw this on the mtbr forum

The CCDB is a great shock when adjusted well for a bike designed to work well with coil shocks.

But not a good match for the SL or SL-R. The SL suspension leverage is very flat to match a rising rate air shock, and the CCDB would have to be over sprung to avoid deep travel wallow and hard bottoming at the sacrifice of good smaller bump and overall handling.

Dave Weagle, the suspension designer of the Mojos, when I asked him, recommended the Fox RC4 for the SL. The RC4 has more rising rate deep travel damping and air spring assist that could be adjusted to match the SL much better. Also the externally adjustable air spring assisted X-fusion coil and Elka 5 shocks might work well, call those companies first to see if they can set up a good tune for the Mojo SL.

heihei

I spoke to Malcolm at Cane Creek in the US about running a CCDB on my Mojo HD. As above, the Mojo was designed around an air cane which has a rising rate. He concurred with the view above that a harder spring would be best, but thought that given the adjustability of the CCDB and the quality of the damping it could be tuned to work v well.
    There are a few folk over on MTBR who run CCDBs – may be worth asking.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikey74
    Free Member

According to Elka:
    Compatibility list

They do a tune for the Mojo. I have an Elka and can strongly recommend it.

BMC09
    Free Member

cheers guys,

definatley strongly considering it, all depends on the happenings of this coming week whether or not i go ahead with it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Ibis Mojo with CCDB (?)’ is closed to new replies.