Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ibis Mojo SL brake hose guides
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hello,

I just bought a Mojo SL frame off a chap, and he’s not sent me the brake hose guides – I’ve asked for them, but he’s not sent them – and I was going to go away riding for the weekend.

Is there anywhere I can buy these? or any solutions for attaching the hose to the top of the frame – other than cable ties?

Cheers – I’m a bit annoyed now, as I paid on Wednesday last week and it’s a bank holiday weekend 🙁

Cheers

Ricks

monkeyboyjc
    rickon
    Free Member

Cheers monkey – they wont fit i’m afraid.

The issue is – the the guide that the hose sits in is like a normal brazed on guide – but you can’t put a cable tie or hose guide clip around it.

I’ve bought some Jagwire stick on hose guides, to put on the top tube for now – but it looks like Ibis make specific ones, although I can’t find them on their website.

andycs

Try garage bikes 0113252855 Al is an ibis dealer and might be able to help.

squealer
    Free Member

for a temp fix wrap electricians tape around the cable until it sits nicely in the guide.
    worked for me for over a yesr!

rickon
    Free Member

Cheers Andy and Adam 🙂 I’ll be on the case tonight.

Gagging to ride a bike that isn’t a road bike on the commute to work!

d45yth
    Free Member

Have you got any bolts that will fit the holes? If so, you could still use cable ties…one under the head of each bolt, then fix others around the cables and attach to the ones under the bolt. You would leave the bolts loose and tighten down when everything’s in place.
    Think of 3 links of chain to get a clearer picture of what it would look like. The middle link being the one bolted down. I’ve used a similar setup to hold cables beside the head tube before.

I tried to do a quick diagram in paint but it looked terrible!

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

+1 for Garage Bikes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ibis Mojo SL brake hose guides’ is closed to new replies.