Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • Ibis Mojo or turner 5 spot DW – Opinions and experience of both please
  • Vortexracing

Not yet, just been to Merlins tonight for some boots and he says he will do the small blue 09 one for £1300 if I want it.

It's not really the colour I wanted but at that prce I don't think I can refuse it.

I have made my mind up though and it's definitely going to be a Turner.

Especially as it's nearly a grand less than the Mojo HD.

I'm very keen to hear your thoughts on it.

ton

selling the ventana……………………….judas…………. 😉

Vortexracing

Sorry Ton, but I have been on one for the past 5 years, just fancy a change

I feel bad for not buying another from Alan at Rriverside, he is such a nice guy to deal with and a true gent, a bit rare nowadays.

Vortexracing

plunge taken,

A small blue 09 Turner 5 spot is in the garage, just needs a few finsihing touches and it will be sorted.

piccies when I get home

yoshimi

Get in!!! 😀

Vortexracing

I must remember not to try and grease the bushes eh 😉

neil853
    Free Member

is it built yet Dave? where dis you get it from?

Vortexracing

Nearly, just a few last tweeks and Merlin, got a deal i couldn't refuse. 🙂

neil853
    Free Member

nice one! local too so if anyhting goes wrong you haven't far to go. All worked out well then!

yoshimi

Nearly, just a few last tweeks

Be careful – these are the most dangerous!

Vortexracing

don't worry the drill is locked away 😆

DeeJay
    Free Member

heihei –
    Am demo-ing a Mojo HD back-to-back with my 5-Spot on Monday and will probably post some thoughts.

How was it?

Vortexracing

I'm curious as well. (a bit late now though) 🙄

How was your demo Mojo Deejay?

DeeJay
    Free Member

On sunday I took it to the North York Moors without really checking the weather forcast – the wind was blowing so hard it was difficult staying upright!

1st climb (a deejay one 😉 ) and the front end was in the air – not what i expected at all but sliding forward onto the nose of the saddle kept the front end down and the rear gripped really well so I actually cleaned a bit I had not managed before so score 1 for the Mojo. Handling was fast and light but it felt really steep at the front going down hill and in fact was disconcerting – if I had the pressure in the fork set for my weight it was to steep and then too harsh with more air – not good. -2

I had it for monday as well so I decided to swap the fork over and fit my Rev 150 – the axle to crown was only about 15mm longer but I hoped it would do the trick – Went to Dalby (still windy!) The difference was amazing – it felt better immediately – even just riding in the car park.
    Turned out to be an excellent bike – the Kenda El Moco tyres were very good and by the end of monday I was really enjoying it. Refitted the Fox 140's last night and had a quick spin before I took it back and it just did'nt feel right for me.

Now where can I try a 5 Spot?

Vortexracing

You can have a go on mine 😆

If you take both legs off from the knee down 😉

I would have thought a large spot would be available to test somewhere, small ones prove very difficult to track down, in fact impossible

DeeJay
    Free Member

You can have a go on mine

If you take both legs off from the knee down

I'm shrinking as I get older – should be just about the right size when I'm 90 😆

Vortexracing

Just thinking about it, in order for me to have a go at a Deejay climb I would be looking for a bike with an engine. 🙄

cinnamon_girl

I would be interested to know the weights of these light Mojo builds, preferably the standard model. Also what forks/wheels were used.

Thank you so much.

DeeJay
    Free Member

CG – the one I had on loan was a standard one in large – came out bang on 27lbs with XT – the wheels were Flow rims on Ibis branded hubs

vinnyeh

Mine weighs 12.36 kg, about 27lbs. Large painted standard frame, qr15 Float 140’s, Ignitor 2.35’s/Arch/ProII, Xt drivetrain and brakes, Joplin post and CB Acid pedals.
    Potential to lose a pound or so by swapping out the post/pedals/tyres

Lots of builds and weights on the MTBR forum.

c_g, did you buy the small frame off the classifieds?

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for the replies, most useful. 🙂

c_g, did you buy the small frame off the classifieds?

I couldn’t possibly comment. 🙄

cinnamon_girl

Do any of you Mojo riders use a chain stay protector? If so, which one please.

Thank you so much. 🙂

heihei

Definately – otherwise the chainslap start to chip away the paint pretty quickly. I used the old cut-up inner tube trick.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

I use ibis’ own one. I also stuck a frame protector patch (lizard skins one) on the underside of the chain stay just behind the metal plate as this seemed to get a bit of damage from the chain.

Weight wise mine comes in about 29lbs with a Pace RC41 fighter, standard frame, XTR kit, hope on 719 rims and a maverick speedball.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Self amalgamating tape is your friend. Or the soft side of sticky velcro.

Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘Ibis Mojo or turner 5 spot DW – Opinions and experience of both please’ is closed to new replies.