Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ibis Mojo / Mojo SL – what headset (preferably zero stack)?
  • bennyboy1
    Free Member

Just wondered what headsets riders have got fitted to their Mojo and Mojo SL frames? Any recommendations for any zero stack options?

Has anyone tried Hope’s integrated headset on a Mojo / SL frame? According to the dimensions it’ll fit and is also zero stack.

Thanks.

titusrider
    Free Member

canecreek 110 here 🙂

Dr_Bakes

MORE Carbon Ben? All this sitting around healing must be getting expensive! 😀

davidj

I might have a hope reducer headset for sale (1.5 to 1 1/8) if that’s any use Ben?

Edit to add: it’s the integrated one. I need non integrated to make my Hemlock uber slack and run 160 1.5 forks.

bennyboy1
    Free Member

davidj – just to clarify, is that a 1/1-8th Hope integrated headset you’ve got?

Anyone else on here running zero stack headsets on your Mojo frames – I need a list ! 🙂

Cheers.

bennyboy1
    Free Member

Dr_Bakes – I’m just undertaking some research!

davidj

It’s a reducer headset to allow you to run 1 1/8 steerers in a 1.5 headtube, plus it’s integrated.

gray

I bought a Hope one for my Mojo. It didn’t fit – stuck out too much. Apparently the ‘specifications’ don’t specify quite everything.

It was the correct variant of IS (I bought the right one). Others reported the same issue. This is one of the earliest Mojos, they (of Hope) might have tweaked the design since then, so who knows – might fit in yours.

I sent it back and got a cheapy Cane Creek IS2. Now have a 110 in a box ready to replace the IS2 when it dies / when I can be arsed.

dreednya

Cane creek 110 IS in blue to match the blue linkages I have on my Mojo SL. It has been on for a year and over 2000 miles in some of the grottiest Welsh weather and when I stripped it down last week the bearings were clean and as smooth rolling as when they were fitted :).

bennyboy1
    Free Member

It’s probably just more straightforward if I outline the problem!

My Fork steerer tube length = 190mm
    My Thomson stem height = 40mm
    Ibis Mojo frame = 145mm head tube length

145mm frame head tube length + 40mm stem height only leaves me 5mm to play with for headset stack height. Now thankfully the Mojo uses an integrated headset but even so any low stack headset is gonna be a very close call.

What shops sell the Cane Creek IS2 headset that generally comes on Mojo frames?

Any ideas gratefully welcomed!!

Dr_Bakes

And once you allow a mm or two for the headset cups and bearing seal cap you’ll have even less than 5mm. I had the same issue with my new frame and in the end bought new forks with a longer steerer to allow me to make some adjustment! 😥

davidj

Ah. It’s the HD which has a tapered headtube not a 1.5 all the way so it wouldn’t work. Headsets really are a minefield nowadays.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ibis Mojo / Mojo SL – what headset (preferably zero stack)?’ is closed to new replies.