Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ibis Mojo HD suspension set up 140mm to 160mm
  • Tupper

Hi
    I have a 2012 Ibis Mojo HD with 150mm Fox up front and a 140mm rear Fox pro pedal. I am interested to know If anyone has upgraded the limbo chips to a 160mm rear shock and if it is worth it? Worth mentioning I love the ride in 140mm around Wales etc. but off to the Alps again this year and want to lengthen the travel if it will make things a bit faster as well as possibly flatten out some of the braking bumps in Morzine and Les Gets
    Cheers Tupper

Rosss
    Free Member

I’ve got a mojo HD with both chips and I’d say it’s definitely worth getting. My rp23 in 140 mode is such a good shock it’s all I need for the UK bar uplift days however having two shocks allows you to get two very differently set shocks. I’ve got a DSP dueler in 160 which I’ll be riding in the alps this year which is set up a little softer for DH and enduro use. It is worth pointing out that the bike climbs pretty much exactly the same in 160 mode and I did 4 laps of BPW with the coil.

Hope that made sense, if you want to know anything else let me know

andyrm
    Free Member

If you’re going abroad it’s definitely worth it – and as has been said, there’s not much impact on climbing in 160 mode from what a few friends have found on theirs.

Good bike check here for Valentina Macheda’s 160mm HDR that she raced on the EWS and Superenduro circuit: http://enduro-mtb.com/en/bike-check-valentina-machedas-ibis-hdr/

Lester
    Free Member

ive got a mojo hd setup with 160 rear shock monarch plus
    and ive also got an older mojo in naked carbon, setup 3lbs lighter.
    they both have 150mm dt swiss forks.
    the hd has 2.35 tyres and feels burly and takes my weight comfortably 15stone plus kit
    whereas when i get on the older one it feels like a rocket.
    so i would definitely say there is a difference and yes it is worth it, it really is like having 2 bikes, keep it at 140 most of the time and just a 15min job to put change the limbo chips back for the chunkier stuff

MrGFisher
    Free Member

Shameless plug. If you do go down the 160mm route and need a shock, I have the latest Monarch Plus RC3 boxed, brand new never fitted, spare seals and pump etc with bushings fitted ready to bolt in a mojo HD. I changed my mind at the last minute and went the CCDB route. I have been meaning to list it on the classifieds a few weeks.

Tupper

Been ill but wanted to say thanks for great and helpful responses.will defo look to swap out

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ibis Mojo HD suspension set up 140mm to 160mm’ is closed to new replies.