Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ibis Mojo HD Owners – Advice please….
  • ltheisinger
    Free Member

I am looking for some feedback on your experiences with the Mojo HD. I am considering a change of frame and this looks pretty high on my agenda at the moment.

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks.

julians
    Free Member

I bought one back in august to replace a 2005 specialized enduro. Its a very good bike, goes up hill a lot better than the enduro, goes downhill slightly better than the enduro. So alround I’m pretty pleased with it. I went for the large frame, whereas on the enduro I was a medium. I’m using a shorter stem on the mojo.

Rear suspension is pretty sensitive to getting the right pressure, the sweet spot seems to be very narrow +/-5psi.

Weighs about 29lb with fox 36’s, reverb seat post, dt ex5.1d rims. XT and SLX kit. Similar build on the enduro was around 32lb.

I’ve had no problems with it, its been crashed, had rocks bounce off the downtube etc, ie ridden and used the same as the old enduro, and no issues so far.

xcentric
    Free Member

std Mojo here, recent purchase – great bike. DW link suspension works well, and it’s easily tunable from a plush ride to a firmer one depending on conditions. No complaints at all – may shorten the stem, but only cos everyone else suggests it – it rides fine as it is, and so will probably get fully used to it first like this. Light, comfortable, takes all I can throw at it (which, to be fair, is not that extreme as of yet), and goes well. Responsive company to deal with; owner emailing me on a Sunday – and irreverent approach. Doesn’t make the bike any better or worse, but suggests they’ll be good to talk to if there are any problems. think Llandegla has them on demo.

ojom
    Free Member

Ex normal Mojo here – had to sell for Honeymoon to rickmeister.

After recovering from that world of pain i bought an HD140.

Great bike – we have sold a fair few to people and they also seem to enjoy them a lot.

Won’t prattle on in fear of ‘selling’ one to you but you need to go for a demo and try for yourself against some other models and make your mind up from there.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

All good so far! Thanks for the feedback guys.

seboing
    Free Member

i test rode one a month ago loved it! mine arrives this week!! hd 160 meduim, talas forks, xt build, hope wheels, 10×1 gearing with chain device!

will let you know more after the weekend! lol

honourablegeorge

Do they size up small? I’m told they do, but measurements look ok.

xcentric
    Free Member

@ honourablegeorge – I’m not an expert, but am just about 6′ and ride a large which fits well – and that’s what Ibis advised, too. I’d say that they size pretty standard but the boundaries are slightly lower – so if you’re possibly a Large in something, then you’re probably a Large in the Mojo – if that makes sense. 6′, 34″ inside leg and Large fits fine, if that helps.

Lopez, thier sponsored rider, rides both Large and Medium, depending on what he’s doing – but then he can have numerous bikes depending on the colour of his underwear, so that hardly helps 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ibis Mojo HD Owners – Advice please….’ is closed to new replies.