• This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by poah.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ibis mojo angleset
  • pinder318
    Free Member

I’ve had a chance to pick up a old 2011 ibis mojo hd in xl to build as a second bike but I would like to slacken the headangle. This is a mind field nowadays with different headset types so wandering if this will fit before I order http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/cane-creek-angleset-zs49-zs49-30/rp-prod62092 I will be running some old 1 1/8 lyriks thanks for any help.

deviant
    Free Member

As above ACC ran with an angleset in her Ibis during the EWS, I realise her bike was newer than yours but go for it.

Nice choice of fork too, if I could find one for reasonable money I’d snap it up!!
    That’ll be quite a beast when built up.

pinder318
    Free Member

Thanks for the help and suggestions. Deviant the only reason I had the lyriks as I’m good at buying bits but never sell them. They came on the enduro I bought and there great but any 11/8 decent forks are getting few and far between nowadays.

poah
    Free Member

if you use a lower external cup you should be able to run a tapered fork

deviant
    Free Member

Pinder318 cherish them and send them off to TFTuned each year for a service, should outlast you then!

julzm
    Free Member

I’d be interested in how you get on with this. I have an HD3 and have toyed with an angleset but never been too sure which one or how to do it.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

I had a works components one – easy to fit, simple design (no knocking like the cane creek ones) and the 2 degree slackening did exactly what I wanted. but poor quality bearings (started to go graunchy in less than 6 months) and when taking off one frame to fit on another the cups cut up so badly driving them out it was pretty much unusable to go into a carbon frame (right tools for job were used and cups greased on fitting). Personally I wouldn’t buy again

philstone

Julzm, I’ve got a -1 works components in my HD3, love it, really makes a big difference on high speed stability. On MTBR the Ibis page has a lot of threads about anglesets.

julzm
    Free Member

Philstone. Thanks that’s exactly what I wanted to hear.

poah
    Free Member

What size headset and headtube is your HD3?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ibis mojo angleset’ is closed to new replies.