Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • Ibis Mojo
  • DrDomRob
    Free Member

Having a huge lusting for a carbon full susser, and having read Chipps' review of the one he borrowed and never gave back… and the fact I can get one on 24 months interest free credit.

I'm just a short shuffle away from stepping over the edge and making the commitment……

But £2k?! Anyone got one going cheap?!

Dom

Onzadog
    Free Member

what about the Mojo HD?

Terry-Tibbs
    Free Member

I just brought a heckler, I was very close to shelling out for a mojo, it has a wicked suspension system and it is by far the prettiest bike available, dont get raw carbon though looks a bit too techy, get blue also if you have a partner lie about the price.

Go on, you know you want one 😀

Terry-Tibbs
    Free Member

I stand corrected, that looks pretty slinky.

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Unfortunately without the magic interest free there is no way I could afford it 🙁 As awesome as the HD is I couldn't afford the initial up front fee 🙁

DrDomRob
    Free Member

daveatextremistsdotcouk – Damn you, it appears (at least from what I can make out on the picture) You have EXACTLY the bike I want.

I have to say I would only go for the naked carbon (I am a bit techy myself), it gives me tingles in my spine!!!!

Thats an SL by the way.

Secondhand Mojos are hard to come by and they'll probably be the original design.

DrDomRob
    Free Member

daveatextremistsdotcouk – Where are you from?! Not that I would consider a swap leaving my BMX in it's place (It's black so I'm sure it would take a while for you to notice the difference!)

How does it size up? I'm an almost perfectly average 5'11" and seem to teeter on the gap between medium and large in most bikes – medium being slightly to small unless I push seat posts out to the limit and Large feeling a bit unwieldy.

Dom

Terry-Tibbs
    Free Member

The mojo in medium is a 17.5, i reckon it would be a tad small.

Some say I'm from a different planet. Dorset I say.

Thats a medium and I'm 5'7.

I found the reach a tad short initially, so I got a seatpost with plenty of layback and I'm perfectly happy with the setup at the mo.

I reckon you might just be OK with medium and a long post.

Why not email Ibis themselves? Very helpful I hear.

Toasty

The best bit, if you did find a second hand one, even if it as out of it's warranty, Ibis would probably still cover it for faults (and/or offer crash replacement prices). They did with mine, wooh \o/

New frame incoming from America as we speak, 8 days sat "Arrived at Outward OE" and now "Arrived at destination country". So close. I sent Hans some chocolate bars and I think I've sweetened him up, he promises I'll be happy when I open the box.

Daffy

You'll want a large. I'm 6' and ride a large with an 80mm stem.

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Hmmm… I need to get out and ride one I guess….. Now where on earth am I going to be able to find a demo bike!

Toasty

Hmmm… I need to get out and ride one I guess….. Now where on earth am I going to be able to find a demo bike!

Yeah, good luck on that one 😐 Where do you normally ride?

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Dave – I live and work around Poole, I don't suppose you are close by?

So by the general consensus I need to email Ibis and cheekily ask for a large one to test ride (Maybe permanently – unless they catch me).

Forgive my ignorance, but who is Hans?

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Toasty – see above!

Been out on one Wednesday wobble with the rough riders – seemed like a good gang, but been crazy busy since and finding it hard to get out to explore with them since.

At the moment I am mostly trying to ride to and from work – mixture of foresty off road, road and tracks. But I have done a couple of trips into Wales where I found my Kona Shred fun but shattering! (She's a bit chubby – even with DT EXC's on)

Dave – I live and work around Poole, I don't suppose you are close by?

I work near Poole. Dorset Rough Riders meet at the Broadstone Leisure Centre 18.30 tomorrow. Come and have a look (not a three hour test ride though) 😉

daveagiles
    Free Member

daveatextremistsdotcouk very nice bike, if only those hope bits were in red though!

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Haha. I can't make tomorrow – I'm organising a stag do in Copenhagen for Friday and got some preparation to do to make sure the Stag gets the biggest stitch up he can handle (He's a big wimp so I'm hoping to make him a stronger man before he ends up in a pinny for the rest of his life!)

Toasty

Forgive my ignorance, but who is Hans?

Hans is one of the 4 partners who runs the company, proper industry guru chap who's been working with carbon bikes for ages now. If you post in the MTBR Ibis forums he'll generally reply very quickly. Amazing dealing with a company where you're literally talking directly to someone in charge, eager to help you out.

Most companies fight to get out of paying a warranty, bizarrely he made a real effort to lend a hand. Even when I told him I wasnt covered for numerous reasons (second owner, over 3 year old frame). I'd buy another Mojo pretty much on the strength of that alone.

We're miles away sadly, Midlands sort of area.

daveatextremistsdotcouk very nice bike, if only those hope bits were in red though!

Nah, red and gold go together nicely IMO. I had a Chris King gold rear hub on my old ML8, and transferred the bits over.

DrDomRob
    Free Member

That is impressive – I'll have a good look around the forum over at MTBR but it all sounds good from what you have been saying… Looks like I've just found my next bike! At least I have managed to get over my lusting for the RM altitude frame set I nearly bought a month ago!!!!

Toasty

Good call 😉

Although it gets poked a bit for being expensive I don't think it's that bad for a boutique carbon frame. RRP is less than the Trance Advanced, Commencal Meta Carbon, Blur LTc, either S-Works trail bikes, Trek EX 9.9 OCLV, Titus FTM Carbon etc, along with by far the best support I've ever experienced.

timdrayton
    Free Member

how small is the small, i used to ride a small trance and that was fine, i am only 5,5

anyone got the small or know what the minimum suggested height is?

oxnop
    Free Member

Yep very nice bikes – I quite liked mine 😆

Im 5 11" and mine was a large – there is no way I could have gone smaller

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Mine's in Dorset as well…

beaker

I loved mine, an 06 Mojo in natural carbon. Buy it, you'll never regret it!

MrsToast
    Free Member

how small is the small, i used to ride a small trance and that was fine, i am only 5,5

anyone got the small or know what the minimum suggested height is?

Comparing the geometry on paper, it's fairly similar size-wise to a 2009 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, which I can just about ride (I'm 5ft 2, the length of the Stumpy is fine but top tube clearance is a bit close!).

shredder
    Free Member

Love mine also but as said and IMO a M would be too small. Im 6ft on a large with a 70mm stem, they dont measure up big.

Hans does post a lot over on the Ibis forum or just email him direct via the add in this link http://www.ibiscycles.com/contact/ I have contactd him a few times and he always responds.

Get one 😀

glynP
    Free Member

Anyone use one with 36's on it?

shredder
    Free Member

Not yet but thinking about the 2011 Talas 36's, lots of people are over on the Ibis forum.

timdrayton
    Free Member

how much can the frames be had for second hand?

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Hmmmm… It's getting harder and harder not to get one!!!!

br
    Free Member

I've had a short ride on one from these guys.

http://www.2pure.co.uk/

P20

Who's doing them on 24 months interest free?

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Not telling till I've bought one.

ojom
    Free Member

There are more pics including mine on the new fangled amazing IbisRider.com forum i set up.

Go see!

squealer
    Free Member

timdrayton – i've got a small frame and i'm 5' 8" and it fits me just fine. I found thed medium felt a little too stretched for me.

titusrider
    Free Member

And on a similar note im 5'7'' to 5' 8'' and im on a medium, the standover is a touch close but the TT is right (for me)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Ibis Mojo’ is closed to new replies.