Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ibis Hakkalugi disc
  • Gordymac
    Free Member

I’ve had the sudden urge to streamline the number of bikes so I’m thinking of off loading the road bike and cross bike for just one very good cross bike.

Now the Hakkalugi disc has caught my eye. Not cheap I know but possibly well worth it.
    So does anyone have any real world experience of a Hakkalugi?

Oh and pictures of your build would be good if you have.

Cheers
    Gordymac

somafunk

Hakkalugi disc you say?…..like this one?…….

Not mine unfortunately but a demo we got in for a customer who already owns a new Mojo HD 160 dripping wi XTR and Mavic Crossmx ST wheelset, along wi a new 140mm Mojo SL-R, again dripping wi XTR and Mavic Crossmax SLR Wheelset. He does like his Ibis bikes……… 8)

The ride of the Hakkalugi was sublime – so stiff yet ii could have comfortably rode it all day long without discomfort, the brakes on it were utterly amazing and that enve fork?……..no judder at all through the fork legs no matter what speed i slammed the front brake on at. If i had the cash there is no question that i’d buy one.

Fwiw the person in question who we got the Hakkalugi demo in for ordered one after a days demo ride with Mavic Crossmax SLR 29’r wheels and full Enve kit – bars/stem/seatpost and of course the enve fork as standard – I’ll be back at the shop on friday so i hope all the parts are in to build it up, i’m gonna enjoy taking this one for a test ride upon completion, even if it is a size ( or two) too large 😀

rickmeister

Tissues !

drlex
    Free Member

Damn you two! Now I have £1,649 less to spend on luxuries like food and clothing…

Gordymac
    Free Member

Oofft that’s lovely.

Sounds just like I had imagined it would ride.

Oh decisions and lots of money of course!

Gordymac
    Free Member

Somafunk from what you say there if I was to stick a set of road tyres on it you reckon it would be good for all day long rides on the road?

Obviously I’ll be predominantly using it for cross purposes but the option for using it on the road still appeals.

Gordymac

somafunk

If you are used to a high end road bike i imagine the slightly different riding position may be an issue but i’d be perfectly happy to ride it for any distance, on any surface – i can’t get on with a true road bike position due to a borked spine but i felt that if i fitted a slightly higher/shorter stem to the demo bike i could have comfortably ridden in the drops. It is a very solid bike when putting the power down as it jumps forward with the minimum of effort and the short time i spent riding it on our dodgy potholed galloway roads made me change my mind about carbon and it’s supposed excessive stiffness, even hitting potholes at speed the bike still felt supple and at no point did i get jared or feel shook-up.

I’d have one in an instant but even with so-called employee/trade discount it is a helluva cash outlay that i do not have 🙁

2pure have a couple of demo bikes that they can send out to Ibis dealers so ask them to get one in for you to try out over a weekend, Beware – once you try you’ll buy 😉

Here’s a few more pics, it weighed 18lbs dead, not fantastically light but it definitely rode effortlessly.

The shimano mechanical brakes were phenomenal in their stopping power.

You’ve prob seen this vid before but here is Andy Wardman fae Peebles showing some skills on his Hakkalugi.

Andy Wardman – Hakkalugi

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I’m still a bit p*ssed off that I hesitated when Ibis sold their demo bikes at the end of last year and by the time I’d mede my mind up to buy the Hakkalugi it was already sold 🙁

Knowing my luck, one won’t come up for sale at a price like that again.

somafunk

Just make sure you pester 2pure with endless phone calls at the end of this season/year, they have a couple of the Hakkalugi’s for demos and i doubt they’ll be abused very much so it’d be bargain bike for someone.

Gordymac
    Free Member

Nice one somafunk thanks for your input.

Think ill need to get a demo up to give it a try.

Yep I’ve seen Mr Wardman’s skills he is a very fast team mate of mine.

Gordymac

somafunk

Gordy……I think i may have rode wi you once on an evening ride up at Aviemore wi David fae Bothy bikes bout 7/8 odd years ago?, i was on a blue soulcraft ss and i think you were on a blue Ellsworth of some description? – we headed up across the A9 main road into the old scottish mtb course that was kinda off-limits at the time. Possibly…maybe…or i may just be losing the plot 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ibis Hakkalugi disc’ is closed to new replies.