Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ibis 941/741 wheels/rims… Owner opinions???
  • mboy
    Free Member

Anyone got the Ibis 941 or 741 rims or full wheel build?

Opinions?

VERY tempted right now to buy just the rims if possible and build onto my DT Swiss hubs, but also tempted by the full wheelset if just for ease of not faffing about.

FWIW have got some Light Bikes 24mm internal width rims on one bike, and impressed so far, but from what I’ve heard from those across the pond, the Ibis rims are a step above both in terms of quality, and width, and it’s that which is tempting me as they would be going on a new Evil The Following 29er with 140mm fork and 2.35″ tyres.

Pics of your bike if you’ve got them too please… :-p

clubby

Have you looked a velocity blunt 35s?
    I’ve got a set on new build and they’re great. 30mm internal width, tubeless with just tape and a valve. Only 100g more than ibis rims but a lot cheaper.

mboy
    Free Member

If I was going for ally rims, there’s lighter and cheaper (yet still wide) than the Blunt. I’m after carbon though…

sprocker
    Free Member

My mate has these came on his mojo build, he is 6 rides in and impressed so far. They are on drswiss 350 hubs. Hand damf 2.35 look massive on them.

pigyn
    Free Member

We just built a set on DT 240s for someone who hangs around on here, he should have just had the first rides out on them so might show up say how great they are.. hopefully. I would look like a twazzock if he says they are rubbish.

They LOOKED amazing!

mboy
    Free Member

Any more for any more…?

mboy
    Free Member

Anybody?

Pics?

Please indulge me guys! The silence is painful right now on this one…

pigyn
    Free Member
    mboy
    Free Member

Looks good pigyn

Well, I’ve just ordered some anyway… Out of stock with distributor at the moment, should be here in a couple of weeks I’m told, so will soon be able to see what the fuss is about myself!

Clink

If I was going for ally rims, there’s lighter and cheaper (yet still wide) than the Blunt. I’m after carbon though…

Which ones, out of interest?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ibis 941/741 wheels/rims… Owner opinions???’ is closed to new replies.