Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • Ian Tomlinson – another police stitch up
  • tron
    Free Member

To be honest, I'm mostly upset that he's tainting my memory of a wonderful television programme.

tron
    Free Member

Bregante

So no story about Police Officers not rescuing drowning people then. Talk about a misleading headline 🙄

Woody
    Free Member

This unpalatable situation is caused by the recent financial crisis, and also by the fact that policemen are generally immoral.

WTF? How do you come to that conclusion?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Why did the cps wait so long

I'm not 100% sure, but if the victim is already dead I don't think you can prosecute someone for a common assault immediately, and then later prosecute for manslaughter for the same incident.

Apologies, a criminal barrister has now put me right on this. He tells me that the CPS could have justified a holding charge by stating that there was sufficient evidence to charge assault but that they continued to review the medical evidence.

BigDummy
    Free Member

WTF? How do you come to that conclusion?

I was attempting to summarise the ranting idiocy of Hobo's post above. I do not endorse his conclusions, as should have been obvious from a cursory reading of my post. 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

We limit our police at every oppertunity
    We prosecute our police at every oppertunity

Are we not debating the NON prosecuting of the police on this thread ?

Haze

Andituk…
    Have you read the report? Both the second and third autopsy based their findings on a mistake in the report of the first autopsy. There is no evidence of an abdominal haemorrhage

"Visible signs" no, but could something have remained undetected given they were looking for a "significant rupture"?

Unfortunately it's no longer possible to test the fluid for confirmation, as our good doctor failed to retain it or take a sample – so being "in the best position to have considered the nature of the fluid he had observed and removed" we just have to take him at his word – "staining".

Now given his track record, I sort of lose a little bit of confidence.

But yeah, I'm probably being very sceptical!

Woody
    Free Member

BD – sorry I was skimming after losing the will to live after reading Hobo's moronic rantings 😳

StumpyBlurRider
    Free Member

he was a millwall FC fan..say no more

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Regardless of his background, the CPS found him an innocent bystander, assaulted by the Police Officer! Not even an apology to his family! although that would be seen as confirming guilt…

But they can't agree on how he died from internal bleeding of liver etc or head injury so therefore the case is null…

My respect for the Police is up/down but down the toilet for that one officer as many others do a good job. SO many numpties I knew working for Halfords or the post office joined the police-should I say anymore???

cynic-al
    Free Member

TheLittlestHobo

As someone pointed out earlier, if that was your child drowning, which way would you prefer the policeman to act.

LOL at you of all people wheeling this out. Surely his child would never get into that bother? 🙄

BermBandit
    Free Member

Bloody hell, this was just a protest, they happen all the bloody time in London. It was a bunch of grumpy hippies

In response to Joe Marhsall: Sorry that is not correct there was a violent element at that protest, besides the Police….. (thought I'd save you the trouble). Not only that there is a long track record of anarchists using these meetings as an excuse to riot for some reason or other. Therefore the policing is reflective of that reality. I'm not in any shape or form saying that Tomlinson deserved what he got, or that the actions of the individuals concerned were justified, but I am saying that I am happy with the generality and proportionality of the outcome thus far. The matter is not yet concluded, and although it now appears that the officer involved cannot be proved to have caused the death, It is likely that he will face internal disciplinary action and/or other legal action.

Bregante

couldn't have put it better myself BB

binners

'Internal Disciplinary Procedure'? Isn't that police-speak for 'taking early retirement on the grounds of ill-health'? With a full pension no doubt?

Bregante
    BigDummy
    Free Member

I'm not sure the unlawful harassment of Sally Murrer, followed by the use of disciplinary action against her source, says much about the fairness and sanity of internal discipline actually, but the first link is heartening. 🙂

Bregante

I wasn't commenting about the rights, wrongs or otherwise, just pointing out that "internal disciplinary procedure" isn't "police speak for taking early retirement"

dyna-ti

It was a terrible accident and the officer no way meant for Mr Tomlinson to die as a result
    But the bottom line is,Anyone else had done this would face a charge of some sort,be it assault or causing death by mis-adventure,manslaughter etc,someone would pay.And the police would be quick to charge you with murder,then the CPS would look for the specific charge.You'll probably find this officer was charged with it as standard later reduced to which ever charge for the specific crime.
    In this case reduced to nothing 😕
    Any police on this thread??,I've seen you reply on other threads so we know you're out there.I wondered what the 'talk of the canteen' is?
    An assault charge ?
    Loss of job
    No further action but noted on personal file
    A terrible accident but someone should be charged[no doubt there are voices from both camps]
    Annoyed at the CPS for the bad press?
    😕

Houns

I've only just clicked on this thread and read as fair as this

Take a look at the facial expressions of the armed police during the Moat episode, they speak volumes.

And had to post straight away

That is the most retarded comment I've ever come across on this site, and lets face it, there's been a few. I'm actually lost for words

dyna-ti

Not that lost 😉 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

It was a terrible accident and the officer no way meant for Mr Tomlinson to die as a result

I agree the copper doesn't see the consequences of his actions and that it is unforseen. However he clearly deliberatly pushes him and it in no way shape or form can it be considered an accident. I am sure had the victim [or other crazy radical anarchist present who was trapped by kettling on their way home from work] done this to the copper he would be charged with something and they may have recieved some injuries whilst being arrested.

kimbers

so the IPCC wanted the officer charged with manslaughter but the CPS said no

all because the 1st pathologists report disagreed with the second two, one of which was carried out on behalf of the officer under investigation

and now it emerges that the 1st pathologist is under investigation for incompetence in 4 other autopsies, 27 charges of misconduct and will probably be struck off

it seems that the officer was lucky dr patel was on duty that day

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/jul/22/ian-tomlinson-g20-cps-ruling

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Maybe the Hobo would be better suited to sorting out the ferral society in Carlilse, some where down London Rd, just pop down in your white van and "Smoke em"

BermBandit
    Free Member

The matter is not yet concluded, and although it now appears that the officer involved cannot be proved to have caused the death, It is likely that he will face internal disciplinary action and/or other legal action.

Just out of interest

grumm
    Free Member

Wow I think maybe TheLittlestHobo should keep his sordid gang-rape fantasies to himself. 😯

BigDummy
    Free Member

Good. That's very positive, and the Commissioner's remarks seem wholly sensible.

Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘Ian Tomlinson – another police stitch up’ is closed to new replies.