Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Iain Duncan Smith – Just when you thought the nasty POS couldn't get any worse!
  • frankconway

Comment about drinking too much is hypocritical from the individual whose soubriquet is often said – by those who know him – to mean Iain Drunken Smith.
    When he was minister for work & pensions making pronouncements about benefits did none of his colleagues say…….you’re living for free in a grace & favour property owned by your father-in-law; best that you don’t comment about living on benefits as you couldn’t be further removed from that world.

Odious indeed.

sbob
    Free Member

Hilariously, he appears to be advocating marriage for exactly the same reasons that they do in STW’s beloved Islam.
    😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

who thinks Islam is a great on STW?

Are you confusing tolerance and liking again ?

sbob
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus

who thinks Islam is a great on STW?

Are you confusing tolerance and liking again?

Are you missing the point to jump in with a dig? 💡

But in answer to your question, I think Islam and all the other religions are great.
    As great as IDS anyway.

Good morning, BTW.

gobuchul
    Free Member

tolerance

So you tolerate sexism now?

Quran (4:11) The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females
    Quran (2:282) And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not found then a man and two women.

kelvin

Nothing sexist in the Old Testament, or the teachings of the Christian Churches of course, oh no…

gobuchul
    Free Member

Nothing sexist in the Old Testament, or the teachings of the Christian Churches of course, oh no…

So what?

Junkyard
    Free Member

tolerance
    ?t?l(?)r(?)ns/Submit
    noun
    the ability or willingness to tolerate the existence of opinions or behaviour that one dislikes or disagrees with.

dont we all do this everyday or do you find you agree with everyone?
    if you disagree what do you do force them to stop and make them agree with you?
    DO i like it no. do i agree no but what do you suggest i do instead of tolerate the fact religious ideas [ and lots of other stupid idiotic ones] exist in society.

What i do is the same as with Christianity dislike it intensely accept their right to believe in anything they wish

What do you propose as an alternative ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Are you missing the point to jump in with a dig?

no that is what you are doing [ twice now ]

gobuchul
    Free Member

accept their right to believe in anything they wish

Where’s your line?

Is there any belief system you can’t tolerate?

sbob
    Free Member

My only point was that historically criticism of Islam is not particularly tolerated, yet here’s someone who apparently shares some beliefs and is to be vilified for it because he’s an “evil Tory”.

There’s no need to turn it into a full blown religion thread, it’s Friday FFS. 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

A married man is statistically less likely to have a car crash than an unmarried one. Married men live longer than unmarried ines.

I am not picking a side in this IDS argument but the above are facts recognised by insurance companies and reflected in premiums. My car insurance went down 30% when I got married

Junkyard
    Free Member

says the man who brought up religion

CaptJon
    Free Member

poly – Member
    i don’t know, but why are you listening and reposting? I’m reasonably switched on to politics and this story passed me by. Without people like you reposting it and feeding the troll the only people to hear him would be people crazy enough to join a political party, attend a party conference and go to the fringe sessions. Most of the people with that much free time and no better way to spend it are unmarried men…

Just because you didn’t see the story doesn’t make it not worth disseminating. IDS has held very senior roles in Government so knowing what he thinks about society is pretty important. Especially as he’s the architect of Universal Credit, the new benefits system which is turning out to be hugely damaging to those put on to it during its pilot phase. Understanding ideological biases might help explain his fervor to develop the system and some of the problems with it.

gobuchul
    Free Member

it’s Friday FFS.

Not for me it’s not. Everyday is a fcking Monday for at least another week.

Too much caffeine and looking for a fight.

sbob
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus

no that is what you are doing [ twice now ] I know you are but what am I?

Who have I had a dig at? 😕
    Other than you in this post, that is. 🙂

sbob
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus

says the man who brought up religion

Jesus H Titty **** Christ.

The great thing about the pistonheads forum is that the “banging your head against a brick wall” smiley is only ever two clicks away.

sbob
    Free Member

Not for me it’s not. Everyday is a fcking Monday

Actually got a day off.
    Sun is shining, the missus is cooking up roast lamb, all is good.
    Sorry. 🙂

RustySpanner

The best thing about the Pistonheads forum is that it keeps most of it’s members all in one place.
    🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

You can bang your head as much as you like but you still brought up religion and no amount of gentle ad homs will negate that fact.
    You can deal with the facts how you see fit – tolerance innit.

Who have I had a dig at?

STW, me , me…. losing count now shall i start a spreadsheet 😉

Enjoy your ride.

sbob
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus

You can bang your head as much as you like but you still brought up religion and no amount of gentle ad homs will negate that fact.

My point was that one person (or group of persons) would be treated differently to another person (or group of persons) for holding the same beliefs.
    It doesn’t matter what or who the two sides are, that was not the pertinent part of my post, which I mistakenly thought was obvious.

I unreservedly apologise for having a dig at the entirety of STW. Any forumites present will be bought a pint.

sbob
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner – Member

The best thing about the Pistonheads forum is that it keeps most of it’s members all in one place.
    😆
    Touché.

I’m considered a rabid ultra left wing troll/mole over there.

anagallis_arvensis

A married man is statistically less likely to have a car crash than an unmarried one. Married men live longer than unmarried ines.

I am not picking a side in this IDS argument but the above are facts recognised by insurance companies and reflected in premiums. My car insurance went down 30% when I got married

Correlation and cause?

Clearly we should all eat less marge.

AlexSimon

It’s really quite difficult to pick out the nastiest of the nasty party isn’t it? They seem so competitive!
    IDS is awful, but at least he doesn’t have the same smug (you can’t touch me) smile as Hunt.

slowoldman

Clearly we should all eat less marge.

It’s obvious. Wife feeds husband best butter, he doesn’t divorce her.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Either

Saying something stupid just in case some bright spark was thinking of in the hope of someone nominating him for the leadership role.

a la Johnson and Rees-Mogg

or a change in one letter

“released to do all the things they wcouldn’t normally do” such as drinking too much, taking drugs and fathering multiple children.

is there a spot of jealousy from someone who’s wife doesn’t let him out to play and put a child lock on his internet “activities” (and confiscated his left handed mouse)?

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Iain Duncan Smith – Just when you thought the nasty POS couldn't get any worse!’ is closed to new replies.