Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • I would like to learn to speak Spanish
  • breninbeener

Hi,
    I would like to learn to speak Spanish. I work shifts at irregular times, so could never commit to a regular evening/class. I dont know any Spanish speakers so my method of choice would be mp3 files for my commute, and/or something i could view on my android tablet.

im not a natural linguist but would like a working knowledge and vocab so i might be able to get by.

Does anyone have any suggestions or links to resources?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Can’t help too much. I went and lived in Havana 2003/5. I bought books and tapes and listened to Spanish radio before I went. Immersion the country helped. Main problem was everyone else wanting to learn English. 😀

bikehamster

Don’t know if this is of interest:BBC Online Spanish

breninbeener

BBC link looks great, thank you. I will check it out.

ElShalimo

I got the Linguaphone basic course ripped to mp3 then played it in the car on my commute
    I found it very useful and having a long commute is very helpful

riklegge

Check out Michelle Thomas (possibly just on iTunes or buying CD’s) but very effective at learning the basics quickly.

piemonster

Thomas is good. Duolingo is worth looking at, Babbel is better but paid.

If you really want to learn the best way is to go to Spain and stop using English.

I went here many years ago http://www.donquijote.org/en/learn-spanish-in-spain/granada well recommended.

JoeG
    Free Member

Rosetta Stone is pretty popular here in the US.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Michael Thomas was what I used. It goes all the way to a decent level if you do the extras. you do need to speak to other people though , it’s crucial I reckon.

I also used to watch films in Spanish where I knew the story and characters so it was a little easier to follow . Or for example a Simpsons episode i had seen before. Radio on whenever possible , try and think in the language , and read out loud to yourself

All of the programs are available for a vastly reduced price on popular ship based websites 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘I would like to learn to speak Spanish’ is closed to new replies.