Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • I would like a 200mm dropper post.
  • winch
    Free Member

Anyone else?

I realise the longer the drop the more of a technical challenge it is to create. It doesn’t stop me wishing there was one though.

deanfbm
    Free Member

I would very much like more than my current 150mm drop.

wwaswas

trouble with a 200mm drop is you probably need a 450mm long post to achieve it by the time you take account of the collar and any gubbins at the base.

Not many frames will accept that much seatpost and still have it at a reasonable height for pedalling.

stevede
    Free Member

I’d like a 150mm drop 27.2 post. 150mm on my reverb is great on the hardtail but i need a 27.2 for the alpine, my hilo is ok at 100mm but would love more drop.

jam-bo
    stevede
    Free Member

Cheers jam bo, that’s the only one out there i believe and haven’t read good things about it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I dunno, if you look at DH bikes the saddles aren’t that low, I’m 6ft and to get a 150mm reverb in I’d need to be riding a 17″ frame (when I should be on a 19″, or a long 18″). I realy dont see the need for going lower than that unless you’re doing slopestyle triks and riding XC on the same bike (and how many 15″ bikes are long enough to make XC comfortable for someone 6ft+ who could run a seatpost that long?).

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Rasebike. I had one. They’re pony. I’d rather do without the extra travel than go near one again.

winch
    Free Member

Thanks for the link jam bo. Looks rudimentary!

Thisisnotaspoon – I ride an 18″ dialled alpine and am 6’2″. I don’t know about slopestyle tricks but I ride xc and dh on my bike but really like to have the saddle slammed for the later. Those couple of inches would make a big difference!

Speeder

It may be different on a hardtail but even on my downhill bike the saddle is level with my knees at level pedals when descending and I can’t see why it’d be beneficial for anyone to have it any lower.

Then again some people will quite happily descent with the seat at xc height and I can’t understand them either so each to their own. . . .

winch
    Free Member

On a hardtail your legs are your suspension. Having it that low also gets it out of the way when you’re in the air.

thedude
    Free Member

These are coming in January. 170 and 200 drop options, fixed cable and a button on post if remote fails. I will be trying one. http://www.vecnum.com/bike-parts/adjustable-seatpost/moveloc-seatpost.html

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Standard dropper, and a QR collar for the extra drop if you must?
    Although the moveloc looks interesting…

kelvin

Rasebike. I had one. They’re pony. I’d rather do without the extra travel than go near one again.

He’s right you know.

winch
    Free Member

thedude – Thanks, I’ll look into that one.

Edit – just saw another one of their products…

http://www.vecnum.com/bike-parts/rope-travel-adjustment/leveloc-rope-travel-adjustment.html

This worries me!

AlexSimon

winch – Member

thedude – Thanks, I’ll look into that one.

Edit – just saw another one of their products…

http://www.vecnum.com/bike-parts/rope-travel-adjustment/leveloc-rope-travel-adjustment.html

This worries me!
    That is worrying – love the “universal interface to the suspension fork bridge”. Erm – that would be a bit of rope.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

that would be a bit of rope.

Herr Heath, may I introduce you to Herr Robinson?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘I would like a 200mm dropper post.’ is closed to new replies.