Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • i wish you many punctures…..
  • alpin
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A65dt-zLdSw[/video]

benji
    Free Member

So wanted to see him ride into a tree at the end, please don’t tell me that’s a glimpse of the future.

stuey
    Free Member

16 Horse power and 6,000 Euro – best mobility skooter ever.

bruneep
    bikebouy
    Free Member

Sums of awe

mintimperial

Cool.

You’d not catch me dead on one, like, but the more people on two wheels in this world, the better. 🙂

fasthaggis

All I can say is..

“Off the pavement, losers”

zippykona

I wish him a flat battery a long way from home.
    We ride our bikes for a sense of achievement, that pile of shit just makes you a passenger.

alpin
    Free Member

i was at the Frankfurt Motor show setting up a stand and saw an Electric Mobilty stand where they had cars, scooters, city bikes, MTBs and road bikes!

i do make a point of shouting “E-BIKE!” loudly when one goes past me, especially when out in the hills….

richpips
    Free Member

The reality is (some) mountain bikers are biffers and will buy that for up hill skills.

I know my mate from ****** brand told me it was already happening.

zippykona

Will these turn into the transport of choice for chavs who can’t ride their quads once they are banned?
    Horrible,horrible things.

456mocha
    Free Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xjxg1Y7q8w
    As youtube link ^^ another bike evolution!? 🙂

bencooper
    Free Member

That looks ace.

“Off the pavement, losers”

And no helmet either 😉

oldnpastit

I thought those things had to cut out the engine at 15mph under some EU regulations?

Otherwise they have to be taxed and insured?

bikebouy
    Free Member

No the 15 mph limit is only here, that Europe has different rules for different countries, de restricted versions can do 40mph for that GoCycle thingumybob.. And Denmark et all allow them.

Steve77
    Free Member

Urgh, I actually hope battery development slows down so these things don’t take off

righog
    Free Member

Steve77 – Member
    Urgh, I actually hope battery development slows down so these things don’t take off

Why do you not want them to take off ?

dantsw13

Surely it’s a motorbike??

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Genius. Motorbike at 60kph in full leathers, gloves and helmet
    E-bike at 60kph in none of the above.
    I know where I’d rather be if I got knocked off by a twunt in a car who didn’t look…

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

No helmet!

That chick is mad.

crosshair
    Free Member

The real ‘fat’ bikes??

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Ugly but a good concept that if it works like they say would be good for personal transportation.

Not sure why people are so against the idea of electric bikes, if you ride a bike for the challenge or the exercise or the simplicity then human powered bikes will continue to exist, nobody is going to make you upgrade to an electric version.

dipper
    Free Member

awesome! bring it on

zippykona – Member
    I wish him a flat battery a long way from home.
    We ride our bikes for a sense of achievement, that pile of shit just makes you a passenger.

“We”? would i be speaking out of turn if i said, We all think you’re a knob? not that id ever say that as i dont even know you! 🙂

lemonysam
    Free Member

Not sure why people are so against the idea of electric bikes

I don’t think that people are against the idea of electric bikes per se, rather they’re against the blurring of conventional bikes into the realm of motorised transportation.

These bikes are being marketed not as an alternative to scooters or motorbikes running on roads and open byways but as an alternative to mountain, touring and hybrid bikes running in spaces which are traffic free.

Bikes are granted a fairly privileged level of access to rights of way in england and to the countryside as a whole in scotland – rights which are not extended to motorised vehicles, as such the blurring of one into the other is inevitably going to create tensions. Those who oppose the uptake of electric assist bikes see them as blurring the line and don’t think that either speed limiting or the necessity to pedal actually address a fundamental change to what it means to be a cyclist on the rights of way network.

That being said, I think that as an aid for those whose health and mobility compromise their ability to ride they’re a fantastic step forwards. As such I’m not really sure where I stand on them – with responsible use they could be a fantastic boon to cycling but they do jar with my perception of what should using cycle paths and bridleways.

Anyway, hope that gives more of a sense of people’s misgivings.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Oh and I got overtaken up a hill by one the other day. Bastard.

jameso

He/she won’t get many punctures judging by the spec of E-bike tyres.

jameso

they’re against the blurring of conventional bikes into the realm of motorised transportation.

‘serious’ riders may be against them, but the general public who are potentials for ditching cars for something else either DGAS either way or will be positive about it. So for that, I like them. 20mph on a path with a road bike or a leccy bike, all ok if it’s safe to do so.

These bikes are being marketed not as an alternative to scooters or motorbikes running on roads and open byways but as an alternative to mountain, touring and hybrid bikes running in spaces which are traffic free.

So many MTBs are marketed as ‘Enduro rigs’ and yet mostly sold to, well, pootlers by EWS standards. It’s just about getting attention, people find their own use for things once the idea catches their attention. I expect most will be used on roads and paths.

Just my thoughts on it, not saying you’re wrong. I think most people that have any interest in going on the trails we’d ride MTBs on won’t find sinking to the axles or lugging a 40kg monster about much fun. You’ll see a few down the bombholes, like you see kids on scooters now, ie not many in most places. The kids who will really want to go tear-arsing about on something are already doing it on mopeds.

Which reminds me of …

”2 wheels 1 pair of Nike.. like Richard Hammond when I get on the bike..”

molgrips
    Free Member

What an awful advert, for a start. Encouraging some fairly irresponsible stuff.

It looks really heavy, and that woman looks like a pillock commuting on it. Get a city e-bike and save a lot of euros.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘i wish you many punctures…..’ is closed to new replies.