• This topic has 48 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by anjs.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • I wish Lego made.
  • shreck
    Free Member

A Lancaster bomber or spitfire,what would be on your wish list.

dabble
    Free Member

technics could make me a money press.

RustySpanner

Vehicles:
    2CV.
    Class 40.
    Deltic.
    Huuge submarine.
    Blower Bentley.

Engines:
    Merlin.
    Cosworth BDA.
    917 flat 12.
    Manx.
    Triumph Twin.
    Honda single cam 750.

You get the idea.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scuttler

With the existence of a Sopwith Camel biplane surely a Spitfire can’t be too far away. ME109 would be easier/better due to its more blocky nature. Good in grey and yellow too. Dark green lego just seems a bit wrong. Of course you could do your own…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jublc1ge1Q[/video]

cbike
    Free Member

Surely you make them yourself?

If you are following instructions to make an actual thing…that’s called Ikea.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep I remember lego being a free form thing where you took the bits and made whatever you wanted, top marks to the marketing department for making you think you need a special kit 😛

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5LNbYhBLhw[/video]

passtherizla
    Free Member

Land rover 90/110/lighweight

Drac

The kits have been around for years at least I since I was a young lad,

nickjb
    Free Member

Lego have a no military vehicles policy so your spitfire will never happen from a kit, just DIY.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

That they may have Drac but it never stopped people using their imagination

tomhoward

Nickjb, what about the sopwith camel?

Drac

That they may have Drac but it never stopped people using their imagination

And thankfully it still doesn’t just makes it easier to buy all the items in one easy go.

nickjb
    Free Member

what about the sopwith camel?

may have to rethink my answer 🙂 AIUI Lego was founded by a pacifist so has a non military philosophy. They do seem OK with historical models though. Fighting ships, seige weapons and biplanes are OK. Tanks and modern weapons are out. Maybe we will see a Spitfire in 20-30 years.

jfletch
    Free Member

AIUI Lego was founded by a pacifist so has a non military philosophy. They do seem OK with historical models though.

And fighting in the future. Light sabres and all.

nbt

I want this one

mogrim

may have to rethink my answer AIUI Lego was founded by a pacifist so has a non military philosophy.

The Star Wars and Bionicles stuff would seem to go against that. And the knights and armour, the pirates, etc. etc. But there doesn’t seem to be any modern / recent past military stuff 😕

clubber
    Free Member

SPACESHIP!!!

LL929

spawnofyorkshire

And fighting in the future. Light sabres and all.

</pedantry>

monkeychild
    Free Member

Clubber wins the internet!! That made me smile 🙂 I loved Lego movie.

Northwind

Even when lego space was supposed to be pacifist everyone made guns… I loved the pirates but apparently they were the first of the modern lego lines that’s led us to ninja-a-go-go and all that pish so maybe the arrrrrr the thin end of the wedge

brassneck

Lego movie was awesome. As indeed is everything.

marco
    Free Member

You should see the stuff my 8yr old builds!!
    He’s mad for Lego. We must have spent hundreds over the past few years. It really is awesome, helps young minds learn, co-ordinate, imagine, fine motor skills, the list goes on.

clubber
    Free Member

I think Clubber Jnr will want the LL929 but if he doesn’t I’m going to get it myself 🙂

Cougar

Is that like an actual set you can buy? It’s not a real Classic Space set (though they’ll be missing a trick if they don’t release it).

allthegear
    Free Member

nickjb – Lego have a no military vehicles policy so your spitfire will never happen from a kit, just DIY.

I guess the Lego Taliban people I bought my brother for Christmas are definitely unofficial, then… 🙂

peteimpreza

“We must have spent hundreds over the past few years.”

You are not trying hard enough. 😀

clubber
    Free Member

Cougar – I’d be surprised if they don’t release it – the rumours all say that they will be. June apparently

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/70816_Benny%27s_Spaceship

redted
    Free Member

My 5 year old son came home in a panic the other day, He goes to a catholic school. They needed to make “an Easter themed garden” for a competition to raise money for “new statues for each class” (quite why they need them or even how the old ones wear out, I didn’t even ask)
    “Everyone is doing chickens, eggs and rabbits, I want to do something more Jesusy!!” He loves Lego, so I came up with this.

He was somewhat confused why Mary Magdelena had a police uniform on but his face was a picture. I only wish I’d been there when he handed it in. I find out if I….sorry he;) wins today. I don’t know who is more excited?

clubber
    Free Member

That’s great (apart from the religious theme but I’ll leave that for the other thread 🙂 )

Mad cat lady hair?

redted
    Free Member

Well spotted clubber!!! No 2 son is a little miffed he cant find it, but we do get it back.

bigblackshed

The 929 set above is a new one. The largest set in the original space theme was 928

I had the 924 set and was always envious of the lucky sods that got the larger set.

clubber
    Free Member

I had the 928 🙂

bigblackshed

RedTed.

You are going to Hell. 😉

Love it.

bigblackshed

Clubber.

Bastard. 😉

clubber
    Free Member

I’m still gutted that it appears that my parents must have got rid of my Lego given how much my son loves it now. I’m hoping against hope that it’s actually buried somewhere in their attic and that it’ll be found when they move house…

redted
    Free Member

Bigblackshed, I suspected that some years ago, at least the trails will be dry? Every cloud and all that!

ChrisL

I bought the 928 spaceship on eBay a few years ago, finally filling a void in my soul that had been present since childhood. 🙂

When Benny’s ship comes out it will be mine. Oh yes.

Not Lego and pretty simple, but:

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

ive had the Sopwith and the VW camper – fancy the Maersk Container next.

stevenieve
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘I wish Lego made.’ is closed to new replies.