Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • I went Karting today and did slightly better than last time! (GoPro/Telemetry)
  • sprinter2139
    Free Member

As per my last thread HERE I went karting last weekend on the 6th. Today as my car (and therefore my roof rack) is in the garage I couldn’t go biking, so I went karting again!

Qualified 2 places higher (2nd this time, compared to 4th last time) and remained in 2nd for the duration of the race (so one place better than last time), finishing just 12 seconds behind the winner after 40 minutes of racing, setting a new personal lap record in the process.

As the race itself was relatively uneventful, I ran the footage through the GoPro Quik software to add in the GPS speed/g-force/track map gauges onto a clip of my fastest lap, enjoy!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYLgN5aa2XY[/video]

njee20
    Free Member

Looks fun, love a bit of karting. Never done outdoor.

Rorschach
    Free Member

You are surfmatt and I claim my £5

themilo
    Free Member

You looked good mate. Quick and most the lines were spot on. Didn’t take long to pass the kart you caught at the end of the lap I’d imagine.

Haven’t done outdoors for years! Looks like fun.

sprinter2139
    Free Member

Looks fun, love a bit of karting. Never done outdoor.

I’d never go indoor if I could help it after experiencing ‘proper’ outdoor tracks like this, great fun!

You are surfmatt and I claim my £5

I can only assume this in an ‘in-joke’ which I’ve missed, but £5 denied Sir!

You looked good mate. Quick and most the lines were spot on. Didn’t take long to pass the kart you caught at the end of the lap I’d imagine.

Haven’t done outdoors for years! Looks like fun.

There’s a couple of corners I’m still getting the hang of, one in particular which is like 2 corners in one so it’s tricky to know which point to make your apex.

Nope, I think I was past him after 2 or 3 more corners! haha

bear-uk
    Free Member

Karting is great fun. Last time I went I ended up being the mobile chicane. Twin Honda engines flat out and still getting overtaken on the Straights. Got my own back on the corners as use the cart in front as a Brake. :mrgreen:

sprinter2139
    Free Member

Haha, good work! I’d like to see how I faired in a properly ballasted race so everyone is on an equal playing field.

The DMAX series which Daytona run is divided into 3 weight classes, with ballast being required if you are underweight for your category.

Quite fancy a go with the DMAX karts anyway as they lap around 10 seconds faster than the ones I was on today!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘I went Karting today and did slightly better than last time! (GoPro/Telemetry)’ is closed to new replies.