Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I went for my first proper ride on Nobby Nics
  • deanfbm
    Free Member

And they’re not bad at all.

Went from Baron 2.3 Black Chilli (so monster grip) to Nics 2.25 Evo snakeskin.

I lost 0.8lb, my bike is now much more chuckable and fun, it’s loads faster too.

The grips levels are even perfectly acceptable too so far whilst railing berms, carving loam, even a little bit of mud, all on rooty/rocky terrain.

No issues either at 30R/28F (PSI) getting loose on big jumps with burping, bonus.

ivantate
    Free Member

Mine are good too.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Are they the tubeless ready ones? Got a link to them? I’m thinking of getting some for all round summer duties….I usually only run UST tyres as I like the sidewall protection, but my rubber queens ust are quite draggy in the summer

Kryton57

No issues either at 30R/28F (PSI) getting loose on big jumps with burping, bonus.

By incredible coincidence, that’s the exact pressure I run mine.

dantsw13

i believe EVO Schwalbe tyres are TLR. A lot of the bad press for Nobby Nics comes from the cheapo OEM ones fitted to loads of new bikes with steel beads and hard rubber.

If you like sidewall protection, maybe try the Protection Black Chilli X-King for a summer tyre – very fast,grippy and good in all but really deep mud. They are plenty tough too – ran one on the rear tubeless in Morzine last summer with no issues.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘I went for my first proper ride on Nobby Nics’ is closed to new replies.