Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • I went for a ride on my bike today
  • sambob
    Free Member

And it was good. First ride for approximately 3 months, short but sweet. First ride on 1×10 I like it for short rides, got me out of Jaggers Clough fine, not tried it on anything proper steep though. No idea how I’d fare on a 4 hour ride mind, probably not well. The area around Hope wasn’t as wet as I feared it might be, the grassy bit at the top of the roman road was muddy, but the rest seemed alright.

mattrgee
    Free Member

Nice one. It’s been awhile since my last proper ride, about 6 months now 🙁 Moving house pretty much killed all free time. Will be out this Saturday however and hopefully Sunday as well! 🙂

carlos
    Free Member

All sounds good. First night ride for me tonight for about errrrr 4 weeks, had a bit of a can’t be arsed spell, but its good to get out there again, loved the dark, wet, mud, fog and the company. The Forest is pretty trashed apparently so stuck to firmer trails, a bit to firm for my pal’s liking when he got intimate with the ground.

sambob
    Free Member

Macc Forest Carlos?

carlos
    Free Member

Yup, left it alone as when I rode it last it was just “damp” out and that was bad enough. The cheeky up the top of saddlers way isn’t great either at the moment apparently.

JoeG
    Free Member

I went for a ride on my bike today

That’s better than most on STW! 😉

Glad that you’re back on the bike.

Pook

did you take jelly babies?

monogramman
    Free Member

Carlos were you out on Wednesday or thursday night?

I was up the forest Wednesday night the fog was so bad I couldn’t see more than 10 ft lights were useless.

sambob
    Free Member

had an emergency gel in my pack, didn’t need any food though. Having said that, it wouldn’t have stopped me eating yours if they’d been offered, or throwing them on the floor, depending on how tired I was.

carlos
    Free Member

Monogramman – I was out last night in the fog, Thursday, Charity was down to a max of 5m visibility so slowed from the usual pace to 22mph coming down, according to the bike pooter. Vey bad up to the C&F and over Danebower but clear as a bell on Cumberland Clough.

Saw loads (8-10) setting of up past the Leather Smithy as I was packing up, maybe Gone to the Hills and his pal’s as they ride a Thurs too

Oh and my mate ended up having 3 stitches in his arm as a result of his tumble

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘I went for a ride on my bike today’ is closed to new replies.