Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • I WAS WRONG. I TAKE IT ALL BACK. (Leith Hill content).
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

I was wrong. I take it all back.

I went looking for "Windy Willow" this afternoon, but I found something much more impressive. So impressive in fact, that I nearly had an involuntary bowel movement just LOOKING at it, let alone trying to ride it.

As a follow-up to my rant about bikers on downhill bikes on Leith hill, I'd like to just say that the trail I found today is so steep, so remote, so absolutely insane that the only people it's putting at risk are the ones riding it. I watched as bikers became flying machines, traversing a trail with which a mountain goat would have problems.

I used to smirk at those guys pushing 40lb machines up the hill whilst I cycled past. Now I know why they do it. Breathtaking.

If anybody asks me where this trail is, as far as I'm concerned you'll have to ask one of the obviously alien bikers who use it and if you don't know them, I wouldn't presume to think it's O.K. to tell you.

Donnie Darko, your secret is safe with me.

;o)

djglover
    Free Member

Donnie darko, remote, it crosses a bridleway doesn't it.

lcj

Donnie Darko, steep?

Were you on an orange five earlier Mr W?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Indeed I was. And yes, in my world that's STEEP.

glenh
    Free Member

How can anything in surrey be steep?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yes. If I were you, I'd steer well clear. I did.

lcj

Think I saw you. If you were enjoying yourself that's all that matters 🙂

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I was certainly enjoying watching the martians hurtling over the enormo-jumps. Parklife and Big Mama are about as radical as I get in the Surrey Hills.

hora
    Free Member

PICS dammit

grantway
    Free Member

LOL Woppit Glad you may understand my point
    and do keep it a secret.

I did understand your point but I am glad you came across
    what my point was of standing by them.

Think Brendan Fairclough still practises there when hes home
    was hes back yard.

scaredypants

you may understand my point
    and do keep it a secret.

I did understand your point but I am glad you came across
    what my point was of standing by them.

I'm struggling to see your point 😯

jedi

🙂

grantway
    Free Member

Scaredypants
    You need to go to the original thread to understand
    But this message was for Mr Woppit

Digger90
    Free Member

Oh FFS… there's nothing secret about Donnie Darko. It's been there **** ages and crosses a bridleway. Everyone who's ridden Leith Hill for more than 5 minutes knows that trail.

What planet have you been on?

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Soooo much vitriolic ranting children..

Now, to follow up – on a more positive note.

Yes, I'm totally with you there Mr Woppit. Them downhiller types with their (apparently silly) heavy bikes get muchos cred from jey-boy me. To watch someone fly 12ft through the air on a bike and land another 12ft below from where they started – landing with a CLUMP and a WACK of bottoming out suspension and rattling deraileurs and general machinery is truely awe inspiring and completely humbling all the same. I wouldn't have a hope in hell of being able to do that ever (being only able to go uphill a little bit like a mountain goat). It's great to watch though.

And to watch the world downhill champs, where they fly even further and even faster is so jaw-droppingly humbling that I think I might actually need to take up another sport. 🙂

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

For 1, don't Nirvana Cycles take people to Donnie Darko on their rides?

For 2, it always makes me laugh how people on this site get further by starting threads slagging off trailbuilders and acting like complete arseholes than someone who comes on here politely asking where a trail is. The last bloke I saw on here asking about trails in that area was rounded on and told the location of the trail was a secret closely guarded by the Leith Hill Elite.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘I WAS WRONG. I TAKE IT ALL BACK. (Leith Hill content).’ is closed to new replies.