• This topic has 120 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hels.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 121 total)
  • I was pretty shocked this morning… (religious content)
  • Kryton57

Lifer – Member
    How do you know the texter was Muslim?

Some people on here appear to have assumed so eh, naughty….

Kryton57

Dales_rider – Member
    Kryton, you sir are a bigot a racist, sexist, ageist, Northernist [though you cant tell who are and arent] Northern.
    and you cant fold tents.

I am extremely offended at referred to as “Northern”. 🙁

binners

Its a process of elimination really. Overpowering heathen non-believers? Hmmmmmmmmm I’m guessing probably not a Buddhist?

camo16
    Free Member

Binners, it’s comments like this ^^^^ that’ll get you reincarnated as a ring worm or a roadie. 😉

Lifer
    Free Member

So Kryton did you see the context or just that one phrase?

sputnik
    Free Member

…or a ringworm on a roadies arse !

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I am having similar experience right now but much more fun!! Sitting next to a woman who is having an affair. Went from graphics to bunny boiler tendencies. Trying not to look but it becomes strangely compulsive!!!

Oh no save the detail please ……

binners

EEK! Is it too late to take it back? Or will Buddha already have my card marked?

wwaswas

saw one of those screen shots of a forum post once went somethign along the lines of;

“I’m in an internet cafe but I’m going to have to go now as the guy sat next to me keeps reading what I type. Yes, dude, you with the Motorhead T-shirt!”

I think I shall start to search out opportunites to offend religious people in public places by typing crap into my phone.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

I am just going to have cake, oh no I’m not.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I haven’t read the whole thread but…

I’ve had conversations over text, sat on a train minding my business, which were ironic comical comments to a friend that could be read as far far worse than those you saw there. Doesn’t mean I meant them, or that the person at the other end was taking it seriously either, or that I’m some sort of nut.

zippykona

I was standing on a train once reading what the man sitting next to me was holding. Wouldn’t normally bother but it said Top Secret Eyes Only on the top in big red letters .
    Probably a James Bond wannabe.

konabunny
    Free Member

Time for the OP to move to country where people only text morally correct stuff to their mates, I reckon.

Didn’t Pakistan try to censor text messages to ensure their moral correctness recently? I must say it seems to have worked a treat and now Pakistan is an entirely virtuous place where nothing sinful ever happens. Top marks.

Probably a James Bond wannabe.

Of course. If he’d been a real intelligence employee, he’d have left it on the train…

cookeaa

You are of course assuming the text was serious and not some form of in joke… Not all jokes are funny to everyone, humour is very subjective, look at some of the stupid thing the STW mods do/don’t take offense at…

As a non-god-botherist I don’t see myself as living in a “Christian Democracy” I live in a secular democracy that recognises all it’s inhabitants have the right to believe in any old toss or indeed nothing as they choose.
    The UK just happens to have a high proportion of fair weather Christians who naturally bleat on about their beliefs and how they are “persecuted” as/when it suits them but still only practise about 5% of what they puport to believe in…

Personally I think the the right to throw around religious/ethnic accusations should be directly proportianate to how closely an individual adheres to their own claimed beliefs, basically if you want to bad mouth Asians you need to stick rigidly to to biblical teachings/priciples; “Do unto others…” for example.

or simply live and let live… Apart from Gingers of course, kill them on sight if you can…

emsz
    Free Member

Out of context its meangless, how do you know it’s not a private joke they share?

In the spirit of mrs toast post, I don’t want to kill my neighbour… Mostly

Lifer
    Free Member

+1 Cookeaa

Don’t mind being called a heathen, but a christian heathen? How very dare you.

meehaja
    Free Member

In fairness a heathen just means a lack of religious affiliation (so from a religious context it means atheist, given that no other religion but your own counts.) In short,its a way of saying I believe in one true god, and any other god is false (a key part of christianity), believing in any other (false idol) is a sin. With the strenght of my one true god I can over throw the non believers/false idol barers.

Its a little tasteless, but its nothing that isn’t said in every church every sunday (in a slightly different way).

As for christian democracy,

The majority of the population did not vote conservative, and the majority of the population do not attend church/readily identify themselves as christian.

wwaswas

cookeaa – we have a state religion, we’re are not an ‘agnostic state’ – our head of state is also the head of our state religion and is ‘appointed’ by ‘God’.

France makes tremendous efforts to separate religion and state, the UK pays some lip service to it but, as an example, all the time a large proportion of ‘state’ schools are run by religions and make attendance at their places of worship a condition of entry we cannot claim to be a secular democracy.

Kryton57

emsz – Member
    Out of context its meangless, how do you know it’s not a private joke they share?

In the spirit of mrs toast post, I don’t want to kill my neighbour… Mostly

To answer this and Lifer’s question about context, most of the conversation was about some office issue. I can’t recall the exact words or issue as at that point becuase I wasn’t paying much attention. Suffice it to say it appearred to be some disagreement about what employee A was told to do by a manager (presumably the target of the text).

When the words I posted came across it was i relation to that. FWIW (cookeaa) I haven’t thrown any accusations, merely communicated my “shock” at what I believe to be a rallying cry which uses religion as its backdrop.

I’m very much a live and let live person, and as far as I’m concerned someone can say what like and are entitled to whatever opinions they feel, until someone is morally, mentally of physically harmed / persecuted by it.

It just didnt stop me being shcked at what appeared to be an open vitriolic statement.

It might help to add that after that phrase appeared the chap in question response, looked about furtively and pocketed the phone – what would you conclude that action to mean?

wwaswas

looked about furtively and pocketed the phone – what would you conclude that action to mean

he though some well meaning middle Englander had read his text, taken offence and was about to phone MI5?

MrsToast
    Free Member

It might help to add that after that phrase appeared the chap in question response, looked about furtively and pocketed the phone – what would you conclude that action to mean?

Could mean anything. Could mean:

“Is that weirdo reading my messages? Blimey, he’ll have taken that last one out of context…”

“Is that guy looking at my phone? Is he checking it out? Is he going to mug me for it?”

“THE UNBELIEVER HAS READ MY MESSAGE! WRATH OF ALLAH/SHIVA/WAHEGURU/FSM UPON HIS FACE!”

I genuinely think that it’s more likely to be just an in-joke, like that guy who said on Twitter he was going to blow Robin Hood airport sky high.

konabunny
    Free Member

looked about furtively and pocketed the phone – what would you conclude that action to mean?

You look like a common thief.

cookeaa

cookeaa – we have a state religion, we’re are not an ‘agnostic state’ – our head of state is also the head of our state religion and is ‘appointed’ by ‘God’.

France makes tremendous efforts to separate religion and state, the UK pays some lip service to it but, as an example, all the time a large proportion of ‘state’ schools are run by religions and make attendance at their places of worship a condition of entry we cannot claim to be a secular democracy.

Yeah if you reckon, but the to be frank the UKs “State religion” as a bit of an empty, toothless, notional religion, I mean it was invented just so the “Head of state/church” at the time could grant himself a divorce or two, any religion invented just so someone can get their end away is on shakey ground from day one really isn’t it…

Lets be fair here, I’m not compelled to worship every sunday in a church affiliated to HRH, nor am I expected to grass on or take part in lynchings of RC, Muslim, Hindu, Scientologist or indeed atheist individuals…
    if we’re a “Christian Nation” why are we not beheading non-believers? That’s what serious state religions do…

Religion is only of any relevance to the religious in this country, and who ever listens to them?…
    It’s not like the good old days when we could just have a crusade or two and smite the non-believers, these days we have to go to war over oil FFS…

Nah the C of E is just an irrelevant institution now, they know full well that if they were ever to try and mount a serious challenge to peoples religious freedoms or the way in which the state is administered/goverened we’d kick the shit out of them, and rightly so…

Tiger6791

Apart from Gingers of course, kill them on sight if you can…

Oi!

cookeaa

Quick theres one Get im! 😈

thomthumb
    Free Member

is this a bike magic troll?

toxicsoks
    Free Member

You are of course assuming the text was serious and not some form of in joke…

Surely everyone is aware that “Off-colour”, Johnny Foreigner types have absolutely no sense of humour, subject their women folk to honour beatings/killings and wouldn’t know a Merlot from Shiraz! *Hurrumphs*

cookeaa

Surely everyone is aware that “Off-colour”, Johnny Foreigner types have absolutely no sense of humour, subject their women folk to honour beatings/killings and wouldn’t know a Merlot from Shiraz! *Hurrumphs*

It’s all about context apparently (or so the last 3 pages keep saying)…

Of course all “They” ever think/talk about are stone cold sober spousal abuse and bombings… must be a giggle.

Can someone provide the devout Muslim punchline to the following;

“a Jew a Hindu and an Atheist walk into a bar….”

Anyone?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

… and the barman says: “Allah be praised,a joke!”

Try the fish, I’m here all week…

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Can someone provide the devout Muslim punchline to the following;

“a Jew a Hindu and an Atheist walk into a bar….”

…….then I pulled the pin, became a martyr and finished up here, Mr Branson.

ahwiles
    Free Member

I struggle with long sentences,

but has anyone else thought that maybe it was a joke?

Tiger6791

is this a bike magic troll?

Yes and I’m not ginger!

cookeaa

Well yeah, we did already suggest that… 🙄

The started taking the piss… ’tis the STW way 😉

cookeaa

Your not a ginger?

then why object, unless you empathise with them, almost as bad – Ginger lover!

Quick Get ‘im!

Kryton57

Well thats a relief. The only “drama” this morning was being forced to be pressed face to face against an extremely attractive blonde lady and her rather firm bumps…

Unless she’s a spy I don’t see an issue.

sputnik
    Free Member

Extremely attractive blond > firm bumps>>spy?? Nope, couldv’e been a ladyboy.

hora
    Free Member

OP you should have filmed him.

Its a misplaced arrogance.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

There is such a thing as karma – reading other peoples texts on the train in, parking ticket when I got back. 🙁

wwaswas

somewhere there’s a woman posting on a forum about some wierd heathen having a bit of a frott on her this morning.

Kryton57

wwaswas – Member
    somewhere there’s a woman posting on a forum about some wierd heathen having a bit of a frott on her this morning.

How very dare you, thats “Christian” heathen to you, not to be mixed up with any old heathen off the street, cheek…

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 121 total)

The topic ‘I was pretty shocked this morning… (religious content)’ is closed to new replies.