Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • I was a Postie today.
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

We’ve had no postal delivery for over a week. I popped into the sorting office this morning to see if I could pick it up. The lady behind the counter asked if I’d mind delivering my neighbours post too. I’m not sure of the legality of it, but I said yes. So for the first time in ages I spent time catching up with the other folks on the hill.

djglover
    Free Member

I hope you slamed their gates and left 50 red rubber bands on the drive as you left.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Much cash in those envelopes?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

No, and sadly the honey at the lodge didnt greet me in her dressing gown. On the plus side, their dog was snoring by their stove.

bruneep

so if you could deliver it, why couldn’t postie pat?

Lazy posties……….

djglover
    Free Member

It’s part of the modernisation programme.

shandcycles
    Free Member

Any chance you could drop mine off too MC? Haven’t had anything in 4 days. I’ll put the kettle on.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I think you need to get your Mrs into her dressing gown more like.

Or a dog.

angryratio
    Free Member

what rubber bands for my route..

mcmoonter
    Free Member

so if you could deliver it, why couldn’t postie pat?

Postie’s drive 4x4s in the Highlands for a reason. I’m in Fife they use these…

stuartie_c
    Free Member

blah blah blah…the honey at the lodge… blah blah

Oh? Do tell.

I must do more riding out by your way McM.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

the honey at the lodge…

Poetic license

bruneep

the honey at the lodge

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Spills tea 😆

bigbob38
    Free Member

My postie came today…. with a ‘partner’ 😯

As my little parcel wouldn’t fit through I had the chance to question him….

He said they had to go in two’s as the footpaths might still be a bit slippery and if one fell over the other could call an ambulance 😯

Here in Southampton it was raining and positivly warm!! Health and safety overload or what?????

ivantate
    Free Member

the post office is becoming a joke.

postierich
    Free Member

the post office is becoming a joke

Agreed since Royal Mail implemented a programme called World Class Mail where a a postman gets the blame for any accidents that happen whilst out on delivery, hence the office manager told everyone on Monday about the risks due to the weather and it was your own choice to go out on delivery but if you have a accident it would count against you if you reach a stage warning for absence.
    The trigger stages are very harsh these days and its a good way of RM getting rid of fulltime postman and replacing with partimers.
    It was a sad sight on Monday morning when Postmen and women left a lot of mail in and its still sitting there today 😥

thomthumb
    Free Member

our posties took thursday off but service was back to normal by friday.

impressed really.

and for all the crap i normally give couriers they were working on sat to catch up too!

MrOvershoot

mcmoonter I bet you used your tractor to deliver the post, didn’t you 😉

Our post girl Suzanne told me she’s getting very good at drifting her post bike in the ice & snow.
    But she’s one of those people who always seem to see the positive in any situation, oh and she’s never left any red rubber bands on our drive either.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

mcmoonter I bet you used your tractor to deliver the post, didn’t you

Nope just the Shougun. The tractor really needs a big counterweight over the rear wheels to get grip.

Just for the record. The ‘honey at the lodge’ is called Brian. He is an ex rugby player with a broken nose. His introduction to this thread was merely to add to the sterotypical cliches above. Just thought I’d best clear that up in case Stuartie-c goes calling. They DO have a Bull Mastiff though!

goon
    Free Member

Had a parcel delivered this morning (Yes, it’s Sunday) by the postman catching up with the delayed parcels.

iDave
    Free Member

same as goon, my postie out doing parcels today

Hohum
    Free Member

Our postman turned up today as well.

I do seem to remember that the postman used to deliver on a Sunday in December last year as well.

chalkstorm
    Free Member

I manage several delivery depots around the country – from the comfort of the Midlands. Livingston was really badly hit. Even yesterday I had 4 trucks get stuck – each had a recovery call out – one of these got stuck and had to have a bigger recovery truck. Can’t knock the drivers – they tried really hard – and I know conditions are bad when this happens. Depot in Bristol have drivers who are a bunch of idiots and don’t want to go out if it threatens snow!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘I was a Postie today.’ is closed to new replies.