Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • i want to climb a mountain in the uk…
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“Let’s face it north Wales is always abit bleak and harsh compared to the lakes”

The Lakes has a female beauty about it. Snowdonia: a more rugged masculinity.

crazy-legs

How about Pen-y-Ghent, Whernside or Ingleborough in North Yorkshire? OK, I know they’re not really “mountains” but it’s stunning countryside, the hills themselves don’t require anything more than a bit of fitness and a decent pair of shoes, they’d be good introductions without being too testing. Stay in the area for a weekend, do all three. 🙂

From East Anglia you’re probably looking at a train to York then across to Settle as the quickest and easiets way of getting there.

molgrips
    Free Member

If you want to feel like you’re on a mountain then you need North Wales. The Dales or Peak District won’t cut it. They are just big hills.

rkk01
    Free Member

It’s a hellava long way from E Anglia, and you pass a lot of other mtns to get there (pretty much all of them!), but Slioch is one of my favourites!

rkk01
    Free Member

Oops – double post

weedwizard
    Free Member

I did the 3 peaks challenge last year, Ben Nevis took the longest its not to tricky but just goes on and on and on…. Scafell pike is quickest to walk up I would say, but the route is the toughest on the knees and I had to walk up it at night. Snowdon is the family mountain in my view quite crowded and has one tricky bit and as its been mentioned there is a train but I wasnt allowed to get it 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘i want to climb a mountain in the uk…’ is closed to new replies.