Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • I want to buy an album in MP3 form online
  • molgrips
    Free Member

But I don’t want to use iTunes, seems a bit invasive with all the organising crap. I just want to click and download a number of MP3 files – that’s it. I would also like a wide selection of old and new releases.

What do you reckon?

markgraylish
    Free Member

Amazon?
    Puretracks?

druidh
    Free Member

I use Amazon. It downloads to a “bought tunes” folder but you can just organise it from there.

timc
    Free Member

takisawa2 – Member
    Legalsounds.com

Been using for years now. Works great.

Except for the fact it is NOT a legal site, so you may as well not pay for them mate

_tom_
    Free Member

Amazon is alright and convenient, but I found the quality of a few of the tracks I bought was a bit crap.

Gordy
    Free Member

Except for the fact it is NOT a legal site, so you may as well not pay for them mate

Meh – most folk seem to struggle with avoiding the crap torrents, so it’s worth it for them to pay a wee bit for a half-decent user experience on one of the legally grey sites instead.

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm I’d expect legally downloaded paid-for tracks to be good quality…

timc
    Free Member

Gordy – Member

Meh – most folk seem to struggle with avoiding the crap torrents, so it’s worth it for them to pay a wee bit for a half-decent user experience on one of the legally grey sites instead.

There is no grey area, this is an illegal site, I’m baffled its still running tbh

Edit: Its Russian, no longer surprised…

Gordy
    Free Member

I’d be baffled if I had time to give a shit. In the meantime it’s somewhere to send the folk who don’t want iTunes that avoids them getting zapped by a malicious torrent.

Aye, it seems that “legally grey” = foreign these days. Music stars the world over are crying into their millions about it.

:mrgreen:

timc
    Free Member

Ignorance is bliss hey Gordy 🙄 good job you don’t do Karma! 😉

Gordy
    Free Member

The VPN timer says I’ve done 3:47:12 of work I’m not getting paid for tonight. 😉

I use Amazon – quick & easy, and usually cheaper than iChoons

timc
    Free Member

Gordy – Member
    The VPN timer says I’ve done 3:47:12 of work I’m not getting paid for tonight

Whats that got to do with the price of fish?

Gordy
    Free Member

Karma, timc. It was by way of a joke.

Off to bed. Night.

simon_g

Amazon are great. Everything I’ve had from them is high-bitrate (average 260ish VBR or 320 CBR) and all properly tagged with album art – basically the same standards I’d rip to myself.

Their downloader will optionally put stuff into iTunes for you as well.

donsimon
    Free Member

Ignorance is bliss hey Gordy good job you don’t do Karma!

Totally agree about the karma thing, I had loads of photos stolen legally with little or nothing I could do to get compensation or the thieving b*stard to remove them. How do I feel about using a grey site? Like you say there’s a karma thing going on. 😀

pypdjl
    Free Member

Paying for pirated music?!? The mind boggles…

RichPenny
    Free Member

I’ve a feeling that Timc works for a record label, so illegal download sites are probably a bit close to the bone. Had a similar conversation with our label manager yesterday when I commented on all the great work he’s done recently. Doesn’t pay the bills apparently 🙁 Even legal new media outlets like Spotify aren’t great. 120000 plays = £80!

frogstomp

Amazon and 7Digital seem pretty good.. and try TuneChecker to shop around for the best price…

One thing about Amazon is that it doesn’t act as ‘music vault’ – ie. your purchases aren’t available to download again if you lose them (although with a bit of effort via Amazon Support they will reenable them for you).

kimbers

I tend to make a judgement call on each album if I think a band can afford it ill torrent if they are new then ilk pay
    unless albums are priced reasonably eg 3 quid then ill just buy em (if all albums cost 3 quid there would be no piracy imho)

and I use amazon when I pay

DezB
    Free Member

junodownload.com
    emusic.com (monthly sign up fee)

_tom_
    Free Member

Hmm I’d expect legally downloaded paid-for tracks to be good quality…

Me too but as they’re only 99p I couldn’t be arsed to put in a complaint or anything. To be fair most of the ones I’ve downloaded have been fine, it’s just the odd one or two that haven’t sounded great.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘I want to buy an album in MP3 form online’ is closed to new replies.