Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • I want this bike but can't buy it :) Salsa Cutthroat
  • rone

http://salsacycles.com/culture/introducing_cutthroat

Yum.

Contacted Salsa – they said not much demand for UK – So contact dealers to find out who has ordered them in. I don’t want to spend forever contacting dealers who tell me Raleigh the distributor aren’t being that helpful. Dead end.

I just want to buy it!

Any ideas/alternatives for carbon/gravel/adventure bike which errs towards to the mountain bike rather than the road.

ontor
    Free Member

looks like any other monstercross bike.

My Karate-monkey has ragley drops on it at the mo & isn’t far off. Will take 2.4 tyres front and rear.

GregMay
    Free Member

Welcome to the future of Salsa in the Uk sadly.

I too would be interested in one. But I doubt it’ll happen until I pop to the US next summer to do _that_ race.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Just buy it via [edit – hang on, that can’t be right… bear with me… Aha] HopShopGo

bikebouy
    Free Member

Have you tried Charlie the Bikemonger…?

He’s got a direct line to the Head Honcho.. ( I think )

shermer75
    Free Member

Agreed, that bike looks veeeerry lovely 🙂

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Have you tried Charlie the Bikemonger…?

was going to post the same

rone

CTB will be my next step!

HSG looks interesting.

Thanks.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I also want one of those.

Was planning to get in touch with Charles the purveyor of bicycles as soon as my wallet was fat enough.

Didn’t realise there were supply problems, grrrr.

Clink

In fairness it’s not just Salsa. Lots of other brands (eg Trek, Specialized) don’t bring the full range to the UK and you have no chance of a special order. CTBM may offer a glimmer of hope – but I think he is away this week (Eurobike?).

molgrips
    Free Member

That’s exactly the bike I wanted before I bought the El Mariachi. Wouldn’t have been able to afford it mind.

STATO
    Free Member

Probably cheaper to fly the US and bring one back than buy in the UK.

Or maybe look at buying from somewhere in the EU (bike24 do salsa but dont have that model listed yet).

rone

Yeah, both options – as off to States next year, and keeping my eye on euro-sites.

drovercycles
    Free Member

We’re doing Salsa in 2016. If anyone would like a straightforward answer about availability of any model, please contact us, and we’ll do our best to give you exactly that. Obviously as others have said CTBM can do the same. If there’s demand, I’d imagine we could get hold of any of the range. I’m considering a Cutthroat myself but also tempted by the (more road-oriented) Genesis Datum and something from Kinesis (probably Crosslight 5T) which would be the sensible (alloy) option.

looks like any other monstercross bike

Yes, in a way, but there aren’t many carbon monstercross bikes out there.

olie
    Free Member

Could I suggest that UK based shops who want to sell the range rather than what Raleigh (?) offer go direct to QBP in the US?

Rorschach
    Free Member

UK based shops who want to sell the range rather than what Raleigh (?) offer go direct to QBP

Unless Raleigh have an exclusive distribution deal for Salsa in the UK (likely).

olie
    Free Member

cant imagine QBP would give a damn if they can sell in bikes that Raleigh haven’t/won’t order

Rorschach
    Free Member

I suspect Raleigh would.

STATO
    Free Member

BLOOMINGTON, Minn. (BRAIN) — Raleigh UK LTD will be Salsa Cycles’ exclusive distributor to United Kingdom bike shops effective May 1.

source

rone

When my LBS (Salsa Dealer) went to Raleigh it was all a bit up in the air apparently.

Drover – just sent a message over to you.

drovercycles
    Free Member

QBP seem like a good honest company, and I expect they certainly would give a damn what their contract with their UK importer says. I’d be disappointed if they sold direct to UK shops (assuming it breaks their agreement with Raleigh, which I’m sure it would do).

Raleigh will, I’m sure, order what we shops want to order. It might take a bit of sorting out, but if there’s significant demand (not just people saying “oooh that’s nice…” but people actually wanting to place orders) then I am confident that we should be able to get hold of what’s required, assuming it’s available in the US. Raleigh/Accell are not stupid, and if people want to buy stuff, they’re not there to stand in anyone’s way.

rickmeister

These guys are my local salsa dealer

Startseite

They speak English and are good to deal with. I can help with a mail address of the guy I know there.

Buy in euros and I will bring it in the car as I’m across for the fox hunt in the pentlands, week three of September.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

All sounds a bit complicated.

I think I’ll just get a Kona Sutra LTD instead.

Easier, and probably does the same sort of thing for a lot less of money.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Yum

Gop, more like.

Looks like they’ve stuck a long roadie/CX fork on a small 26er frame.

singlespeedstu

Why not import one yourself frame Bikeman in the States?
    http://search.bikeman.com/search/index?query=salsa+cutthroat&x=13&y=13

It’s what I did when ISON said there was no call for Mukluks in the UK…

drovercycles
    Free Member

Why not import one yourself frame Bikeman in the States?

I just don’t get why you’d do this (in this case – obviously if Ison were unwilling to import the frame you wanted, that’s different. Having said which, in our experience, they’ll get anything we ask which Surly have in stock in the US, even air-freight it over if required).

The frame is $2000, at today’s exchange rate that’s £1275. There’d presumably be a shipping cost. Then you need to add £60 duty and £265 VAT to that (plus duty and VAT on the shipping cost). Then probably a fee to the courier for handling the import stuff. So you’re looking at £1600, plus whatever shipping cost and the courier fee. Probably in excess of £1700. It’s not going to cost that much to buy from a UK dealer.

rone

All sounds a bit complicated.
    I think I’ll just get a Kona Sutra LTD instead.
    Easier, and probably does the same sort of thing for a lot less of money

I hadn’t seen that and although the spec is there, I want a carbon frame.

STATO
    Free Member

I just don’t get why you’d do this

The US sites already have or know when they are getting stock. While the UK shops (you) are unable to confirm anything and based on previous, wont get stock till many many months after the US in any case.

You can save a few hundred pounds based on RRP (compare spearfish at £2250 and $2500), but discounts are available on both sides of the pond so really it depends on what deals you can find.

MoreCashThanDash

Love that bike, but MrsMC doesn’t like the green….

Basil

Bikeman instore pickup only

singlespeedstu

You might get a different answer if you ask them nicely. 😉

charliedontsurf

call me, coming soon. looks awesome. ETA is October.

molgrips
    Free Member

Charlie you bugger.

thedude
    Free Member

So how much?

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Yeah how much, I WANT A GREEN ONE with hydraulic brakes and anything but Apex shitifters.

rone

Cool, as it is October. 🙂

piemonster

Still waiting….

GregMay
    Free Member

Why did you have to go and post that. We now have to take a look at the bikes to see if room can be made.

thedude
    Free Member

It’s £2000 for the frameset.

drovercycles
    Free Member

The Salsa framesets aren’t cheap – some might say they’re not amazing value – but Salsa dealers will have access to some very competitive pricing on build kits so we can do complete bikes at more attractive price points.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘I want this bike but can't buy it :) Salsa Cutthroat’ is closed to new replies.