Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 99 total)
  • I want some posh manly slippers
  • nedrapier

Close, CFH, but that’s not a bugle.

core

Our house is tiled, floors are cold, and socks would be a weekly purchase without slippers.

I’m trying to wear out a pair mother bought me that I found in the loft currently, but planning on some nice moccasins for the winter, suede probably.

I’m 27.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

scaredypants

Honestly – I think M&S trumps all the bollocks on here

Get yerself married and a pair will arrive annually thereafter, via the MiL

Lucas
    Free Member

Camper, they are ace got them over 2 years ago no sign of wearing out. Comfy, warm, decent sole and you can slip them on no handed but they dont feel like they are going to kill you when running downstairs

CountZero

Then they need to learn some social skills. You can start with “Thou shalt laugh at anyone with a double digit age wearing crocs of any form.*”

I’m double-digit age, I wear a pair of Aldi/Lidl Croc knock-offs, and if I had kids, and they started laughing, I’d bitch-slap the little gits with them.
    I wear mine in the summer, perfect around the house, and if I go outside. During the winter, I wear an old pair of Merrel Winter Mocs, which the soles have worn smooth on. Dead comfy, and snug and warm.

jools182
    Free Member

No such thing as a manly slipper

Get some that are comfortable

I resisted for 40 years, but I finally gave in

Got some from Clarks

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

CountZero – Member…

Oh, someone’s in early from the pub.

nealglover
    Free Member

Good lord.

They look like something Noel Coward might have worn 🙂

Hardly Manly are they.

matt_outandabout

Honestly – I think M&S trumps holds in place all the bollocks on here

Pants. You are right.

scaredypants

Good lord.
    They look like something Noel Coward might have worn

just had to have another look

AWESOME

twang
    Free Member

The campers look perfect! Can only find them in size 7s though – I may have been looking at wimmins…
    ‘Nice’ pair of Clark’s spotted…

JulianA
    Free Member

Was Joel Veitch (rathergood.com) involved in the making of that gif, CFH?

Nordikas here and very comfy they are too. I rather like the Draper slippers – they’d go well with a dressing gown whilst smoking a cigarette in a cigarette holder. What brandy for such attire?

(Expects flaming from the Captain!)

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

After asking the same type of question a year or so ago
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/house-shoesflip-flops-or-slippers

I went for Columbia tent type slipper and they still going strong!

JoeG
    Free Member

BigDummy
    Free Member

Muji are surprisingly comfortable and are machine-washable. Not really posh though. Not like Drapers of Glastonbury.

🙂

isto
    Free Member

Camper ones are great but I have had to chuck mine now, lasted a few years though. Uniqlo do a similar but cheaper alternative that are still going strong.

welshfarmer
    BigDummy
    Free Member

^^^

Posh, manly, shaped like a pink mouse. Pick 2. 🙂

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

A snip at £1100

twang
    Free Member

Ok when I said posh I meant not Tesco specials, you’ve gone too far now lobbydosser.
    Anyway, ordered a pair of Clarke’s. That’s right, Clarke’s slippers – shoot me.

Gary_M
    Free Member

That’s right, Clarke’s slippers – shoot me.

If I bought shoes from clarkes I would need to ask someone else to shoot me 🙂

Sui
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    NF Tent mules
    Are made of man-made fabric which very quickly stinks ime.

i don’t like agreeing with ernie, but on this he’s right. i’ve got some of the hard tread version – they stink as you get flippin hot in them. stuck em in the washing machine as well (don’t), they still stink. Missus hates them, but they’re staying.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I have Church’s, sadly they no longer do them in the wide fitting in black (Burgandy only which I don’t like). My two pairs are approx 20 and 15 years old and much loved 🙂

gonefishin
    Free Member

If I bought shoes from clarkes I would need to ask someone else to shoot me

If all you want are plain, simple black shoes (and that is all I want out of a pair of shoes for work) then they are hard to beat.

footflaps

My slippers are a 15 year old pair of Merrell sandals minus the heal strap. If it’s cold I just wear them with socks.

jambalaya
    Free Member

If all you want are plain, simple black shoes (and that is all I want out of a pair of shoes for work) then they are hard to beat.

I have Dr Martin shoes, they are excellent and actually cost less than my slippers 😳

lunge

Crockett and Jones darling, that’s what you need.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Sui: Try a couple of washes with Halo. May just tame the stink.

footflaps: Socks and sandles, special! 😆

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

trailofdestruction – Member
    http://mahabis.com/

Winningest so far.

I bought some on a discount – could be good but in reality the neoprene cup at the back offers no support and the rubber sole can come away from the slipper if you stub your toe on something. Also the insole lining has come away and they are looking a bit tatty now.

I saw a similar slipper from Ecco which looked much better, and have just noticed these on sale :

https://www.ecco-shoes-uk.co.uk/Mens-Casual-Shoes/Easy-Mocha-Nubuck-531814-02178

Jerome
    Free Member

Good mine from TKmaxx
    Real lambswool – or someones wool anyway
    Best things ever when you have no carpets
    Starting to wear out and next pair will have backs raher than the backless current ones, as sometimes they fall off walking down stairs.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Yes, I agree, mahabis are a bit steep.

Slightly less expensive, but no less manly.

http://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/jack-wolfskin-mens-cloud-ten-slippers-37310025?id_colour=123

onlysteel
    Free Member

Has nobody suggested felt Birki’s?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Sir, will be wanting a pair of these:

Link

😉

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Woolly Crocs for the win here. Anything else is poncense.

footflaps

footflaps: Socks and sandles, special!

Much underrated combo!

MrSmith
    Free Member

after a recommendation from a friend i just ordered a Mahabis pair of slippers. ideal for wearing in the kitchen or putting the bins out with the rubber sole but with the soles off for feet on the sofa.
    8)

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Congratulations

SaxonRider

You could’ve been like me, and had these:

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

after a recommendation from a friend i just ordered a Mahabis pair of slippers.

just replaced my mahabis with something decent – those Eccos ones I linked to earlier – down to £65 in the sale.

insoles on the mahabis fell apart, the rubber soles are too easy to kick off, the outers look rough now as they fluffed up. And the neoprene heel retainer is useless as well, offers no support.

My Eccos are similar in that you can wear them with the heel cap flat, or up around your heel.

I did slag the mahabis off earlier in the thread…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘I want some posh manly slippers’ is closed to new replies.