Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • I want disc tabs on my 97 kona lava dome, what company
  • kimbers

or is it a crime?

id like the frame and my P2 forks as well
    also what company for respray, id like as close as possible to the original colours!

cheers

ro
    Free Member

crime.

baby jesus will DIE if you do this. pleeeese don't kill baby jesus!

sobriety
    Free Member

Do it, no one likes Jesus anyways, what with his holier than thou and miracles and shizz…

In other news, argos cycles of Bristol are oft quoted as the go to guys for resprays and braze ons…

ro
    Free Member

baby jesus curses you and your ilk. baby jesus can be vindictive.

stealthcat

Argos cycles did a pretty good job with my old Rocky Mountain a few years ago; most people look at the brace and disc mount and assume they are original. The only issue I've had with it is that they stove enamelled it afterwards, and the paint chips really easily; on the other hand, they did a pretty good job of matching the old frame stickers…

the-muffin-man

I've seen many cracked Kona frames of that era where the chainstays join the dropouts. Its not somewhere where I'd like to put the extra load of a disc brake!

kimbers

baby jesus is a slut

argos cycles looks like 130 for paint job

then 100 quid plus price of disc tabs themselves

could just buy a new bike!

ro
    Free Member

kona frames do not crack, they simply offer you the opportunity to examine a stress line without a microscope. stop being so ungrateful.

baby jesus knows where you live, kimbers.

kimbers

I've seen many cracked Kona frames of that era where the chainstays join the dropouts. Its not somewhere where I'd like to put the extra load of a disc brake!

yeah mine did! had it welded up by my local MOT garage for a fiver, i doubt they do disc tabs tho!

i think id want a brace put in too

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘I want disc tabs on my 97 kona lava dome, what company’ is closed to new replies.