Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • I want another hardtail!
  • 1981miked
    Free Member

Afternoon ladies and gents,

As title suggests im after a hardtail, i sold my pixie blue handjob a few months ago…doh! I have an Orange 5 pro for the all mountain activities etc but got a serious urge for a nice light hardtail, fancied an Orange R8 but maybe a bit pricey, im currently between a KHS Alite 3000 for £650, it has a great spec for the price, or a Voodoo Bokor which is also well specced. Ill mainly use it at trail centres on red runs and the odd fling down the black at Laggan, also for the odd commute. Any opinions or suggestions? Oh and if
    anybody is selling a cotic soul like in the thread in this page let me know! They are all great looking bikes. I need a 16" or 17" frame.

Cheers,

Mike.

geetee1972
    Free Member

So you're looking to buy a Cotic Soul eh; you mean like this one?

Sorry, mate, it's not for sale but I can say it's a heck of a lot of fun 😉

sv

I have an 18in 853 Inbred frame for sale in the classifieds – maybe too big?

mboy
    Free Member

If you like the Cotic Soul, but are after a full bike off the peg, for a reasonable price, check out the Genesis Altitude range…

http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/bikes/mountain/altitude/

The frame design/geometry is very similar to the Soul, only you don't get the 853 main tubes on the cheaper versions. Well worth a look, and probably a more worthwhile long term purchse than the KHS you mention.

Though by all means, if anyone offers you a Soul for a good price, take it!

1981miked
    Free Member

Geetee ur a swine? Nice bike tho. Thanx for the offer of the frame, an 18" would be a bit big, plus id rather get a complete build i looked at the Genesis range but the khs and voodoo are better value for money and better looking.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

yes, but its worthless if the frame isn't sorted. I'd go with the genesis if I was to find myself bikeless.

1981miked
    Free Member

I dnt find them nice to look at and they dnt excite me tho. I know they are sorted bikes etc but dnt want to splash out on something that doesnt inspire me to ride it. My 5 makes me want to do thet "1" last run even if my legs are funked or hit the jump quicker etc.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

its not going to inspire you if it rides like shite though

1981miked
    Free Member

True! Any suggestins other than Genesis then?

StirlingCrispin

I've got a Sanderson Life and I absolutely love it.

Mine's fitted with a 100mm fork but they'll take longer – 120mm might be just perfect. The finishing on the frame is the best I've seen.

DT78
    Free Member

Ragley? I'm in the process of building up an mmmbop.

Was tempted by a cotic soul but the £££'s and the fact I have a steel framed 100mm hardtail put me off.

It's on the list though, so many people saying their good I want to see what the fuss is about

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘I want another hardtail!’ is closed to new replies.