Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • I want an On-One 45650b XO1
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

I love the spec, but I don’t think I can stretch for the £1600 asking price.

I don’t love the spec on the X9 version.

I don’t expect them to drop the price of the XO1 anytime soon. Does anyone have an alternative recommendation?

nairnster
    Free Member

Build one up yourself?

I built this up, all new parts, for £1030

tomhoward

But, aside from the frame, what is the same spec as the xo1 spec bike?

nairnster
    Free Member

Not sure, he asked for alternatives.

ton

maybe a silly question, but does a 650b come up much bigger than a 26” version?

slimjim78
    Free Member

Tempted to build (always have done previously) just not sure I can get Xo1 plus reverb plus Relvelation plus decent wheels for same price or less (plus carbon bar)

nairnster
    Free Member

Just to clarify, i wasn’t saying my build was comparable to the X01, but that fir similar money you can build domething up that might be better than the complete bike. I think kjnr is better specced thsn the x9 version

houndlegs
    Free Member

Theres a 20% off code floating round on bike radar at the mo if that helps you. Code is Ukdl20

Slogo
    Free Member

Build it yourself and get the better XT groupset from germany.

deviant
    Free Member

ton – yep, mine felt much bigger than the 456-evo it replaced, didn’t like it.
    There was nothing intrinsically wrong with the bike, I just learnt from the experience that I like my hardtails small and in 26 inch variety.

tthew

houndlegs – cheers for the code, that’s a decent discount!

slimjim78
    Free Member

Houndlegs – what can I say? That code of yours is legendary!

I could kiss you right now

houndlegs
    Free Member

More than welcome fellas. Did the code swing it for you then slimjim, did you order?

slimjim78
    Free Member

I don’t believe it. Code worked fine up until putting my card details in then all of a sudden it’s no longer valid..

Screw you On-One and your code blocking fairies!

I was all excited and in new bike mode for about 10 mins then

slimjim78
    Free Member

Whats the chances tthew has jumped in front and validated the code before I got a chance to pay?

I’m proper sulking here like a right numpty

harryjan
    Free Member

Damn almost hit the button on a codeine 🙁

houndlegs
    Free Member

Nah, it wasnt a one use code, its one of those staff ones. From what I’ve read about them before, they sometimes get “leaked” to the public. Some people say they work, some say its a marketing ploy cos when they “leak” them sales go through the roof, others say they get an email and a refund, stating they are’nt for public use. I’ve got a few bits ordered using it, and it all went through, guess I’ll have to wait and see. Shame it did’nt work for you slijim

Babyjack
    Free Member

Taken from a statement on bike radar. ..
    “Hello
    Thats my family code – so unfortunately all orders will be cancelled on monday , the exception being of course if you are a long lost relative , in which case I will of course love to get to know you and lets meet up for a family reunion .
    Sorry – the sale we are running is a big stock spring clean , so we can’t run any discount codes at the moment .
    Dave”

houndlegs
    Free Member

And I’ve just had a nosey on BR and apparently all orders are being cancelled tomorrow, cos its a staff code and not for public use. Oh well, thats fifty quid I’ve saved.

Edit…..as above.

slimjim78
    Free Member

darn it.

ok I take back my miguided anger post tthew.

Man, when I saw the bike I wanted ping up at £1280 I really thought xmas had come super early.

Babyjack
    Free Member

I had a few merlots and clicked on a baby fatty. I’ll be glad that code didn’t work when I sober up.

tthew

Bugger. I’d only bought an SS chainring and chain for my singlespeed, so it really was a ‘few’ quid. Effectively a free cheap chain. Haven’t had an e-mail cancellation yet though.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Anyone had their order cancelled by on-one?

slimjim78
    Free Member

Anyone?

akira

If you customise the spec on the website can you get closer to a price/spec compromise?

houndlegs
    Free Member

Not had my order cancelled, but not had it process either. I’ve just emailed them to find out whats happening.

harryjan
    Free Member

Frick Codeine discounted properly!

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CBOOCODX9/on-one-codeine-29-sram-x9-mountain-bike#customise

Any reason not to buy…….?????

slimjim78
    Free Member

Im now looking to beat/match the spec by building myself – any tips on where to source bargain components greatly appreciated.

Currently considering: X01/X1/XX1/X0/XT/Saint/Zee drivetrain (trying to decide if I HAVE to have 11sp or not)
    Revelation or Pike
    Reverb
    Controls and Wheels sorted

With my cycle to work voucher of £1000 I can nearly squeeze a full X1 group, Pike, and Reverb – which I would in theory end up with a 32% discount on (after paying off through salary sacrifice), so £680 all in.
    Plus, Evans will give me £50 cash back and £50 on accessories (which will hopefully cover the Reverb purchase).

So, groupo / fork / reverb for a total of £580. Cant be bad, right?

nairnster
    Free Member

Can you do that with c2w vouchers. I was always under the impression that you could only buy extras/accessories if you were buying a bike with the vouchers at the same time?

slimjim78
    Free Member

I’ve been told in store that I can buy whatever I like with the voucher. Which is nifty

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘I want an On-One 45650b XO1’ is closed to new replies.