Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • I want a massive android phone – what/where ?
  • scaredypants

5 inch minimum screen
    doesn’t have to have orsum processor etc (but I guess it may have anyway)
    and dirt cheap if poss 🙄

I want a galaxy note really but I’m too tight 🙄 🙄

am probably waiting for the nexus 5 assuming it’ll be big and cheap but they’re giving no dependable details that I can find

anyone got a good shout ?

Cougar

S4 is imminent and going to be large. Or the HTC One X maybe?

Got to ask though, why? Would a Nexus 7 tethered to a cheaper phone not serve you better?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Orange Monte Carlo is cheap and 4.7″ screen I think (yes I know!).

monogramman
    Free Member

Sony xperia. S is cheap now with a 4.3″? screen. T slightly bigger and slightly better. Z is 5″ but will be quite expensive still I’d imagine.

ssboggy

Have a look on Amazon, they’ve got some Android phones with big screens and are cheap, not sure if they are any good though

themilo
    Free Member

Have a look on gsm arena at the galaxy mega. Not massively uber specced with the screen being the main thing. Probably going to be middling pricewise. Of course they are bloody huge!

jdwafc
    Free Member

HTC one. (the new one)
    Best phone on out at the minute, read up on the reviews, it’s simply stunning.

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

Samsung note 2 has a huge screen, 5.7″ I think. Might be some note’s about fairly cheap. Their screens are around 5″

scaredypants

Thanks for the suggestions

Current phone is a montecarlo (4.3 inch B.A. – unless you mean a new version ?) I’m too blind to read documents on it and TBH it loads big docs a bit slow for my liking

I don’t use the 3g much and don’t run power-hungry apps – it’s mostly for displaying/reading docs for work

nexus 7 just a bit too big – needs to fit in my pocket without me looking like a teenage schoolboy struggling with a boner 😳

I work with a girl who has a note2 – way more than ideal but they seem to be 400 quid. Note would do fine but they seemed to either disappear or stay as expensive as the note2s

(off to google the rest)

Cheers

Mackem

I’ve got an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 2 you could try and persuade me to sell.

scaredypants

consider my eyebrow raised*, mackem

(like a much more handsome Roger Moore)

scaredypants

I say ! – why do they insist on having a massive bezel round 7 inch screens ? 🙁

thegreatpotato
    Free Member

I’m sure I’d read of a Huawei launched earlier this year with a 5-or-so inch screen. And their other models have had good reviews for being budget phones.

lodious
    Free Member

Got an S4 last weekend…really pleased with it. Bit plastic, but other than that, it’s really good. Wifi and Cell reception appear to be very good.

takisawa2

Note2 is £21.67 through moneysupermarket.
    If they’re £400 SIM only then it might work out cheaper that way.

scaredypants

If they’re £400 SIM only then it might work out cheaper that way.

hmmmm – bit more than that for the network I need for a home signal, but even so …

Ta

ooooh, galaxy grand – dual sim, big screen, fairly shit everything else

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘I want a massive android phone – what/where ?’ is closed to new replies.