Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • I want a BMX… There said it!
  • Euro
    Free Member

We used to cycle to the local* bmx track, ride/race all day and cycle home again. A commute of a mile or two would be alright.

* It was 13 miles away.

1981miked
    Free Member

Thanks for the info guys, great advice pickle.. I wasn’t aware of all the top tube gubbins.. I’m on a very tight budget of £150 which could be a problem judging by what I have seen.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Mike, get yourself over to Winstanleys.com right now! I second what’s been said above about rider-owned companies – Source are fantastic – but I also use Winstanleys quite a bit and have never had any problems with them. There’s an awesome bargain on their site – Sunday Scout trails BMX, 21″ toptube, reduced from £498.99 to £149.70!!!! 😯 It won’t hang around long at that price – go for it!!!

Oh and the Cult CC01 which is the model up from mine, is now down to £138!!.

No excuse now 😉

BillOddie

BMX? Hope you have a pair of your sisters/wife’s jeans handy…

chiefgrooveguru

That Sunday looks great, buy it! My el cheapo BMX is a Mongoose Logo, which are only about £150 new and it’s been my daily commuter for six months in all weathers, half being off-road, so it’s had about 200 miles on it, plus some gentle dirt jumping and BMX track riding. It’s 20.5″ top tube and fits me fine at 5’10.5″ though I’ve noticed I prefer it with the bars tilted very slightly forwards.

I do need some skinny jeans though – my wife’s in maternity ones at the moment so I’ll borrow some of her skinnies… 😉

_tom_
    Free Member

Wow the price on that Trail Scout is insane, I thought I got a good deal at £330! Go for that definitely, you will not get a better spec for your money. Even at the price I paid I don’t think anything comes close.

1981miked
    Free Member

Thanks for that Mamadirt.. Well spotted. Think I’ll order that when I get home… I want it now!

mamadirt
    Free Member

No problem – make sure you keep us posted!

handyandy
    Free Member

just bought my Stolen Wrap last week, and its so much fun. I belt down to the skatepark most days after work, then razz around with the nippers there (I’m 41), then pedal like the clappers all the way home and fling it in the shed.

The mountain bike gets used as well, of course, but this is a cheap, dirty little bike for having fun on, and I wish I had done it years ago!

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘I want a BMX… There said it!’ is closed to new replies.