Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • I ventured onto pinkbike, and got told to suck my daddies rooster or something..
  • donsimon
    Free Member

Guys, sometimes as a seller you also get knobs asking stupid questions or making pathetic offers for goods. I had a brand new set of Talas 36 RLC FIT forks on there going for £700 – not a bad price for something costing nearly a grand new. I had one punter offer £300 so I sent a sarky reply which he didn’t like but why insult the seller in the first place? Thing is he actually came into our shop and said naff all when he was trying be high and mighty behind his keyboard – says it all really.

One could equally ask for the reason for the sarky reply. I used to deal directly with the public and all the shitty questions got a polite reply. Not hard to do, you are, after all, trying to sell something. Sarky reply= inability to negotiate.

Hadge
    Free Member

Sarky was probably not the right word as it was humour actually. I’ll negotiate with anyone, always have done. I do have the ability to negotiate thank you 🙂

Kevevs
    Free Member

Haha!

STWer: OMG Brothers and Sisters. today I had the displeasure of internet communicating with a most uncouth person of the youthful persuasion, he/her (lets not be sexualist) had a most abrasive manner and was downright rude and also sweary.

STW: Beware the moor, stay on the path.

druidh
    Free Member

Forgive my ignorance, but what use was knowing a serial number?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Beware the moor, stay on the path.

Racist.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Footpath or cycle path?

We need to know. These things are important.

Quite like the randomly obtuse accusation of racism though. 🙂

buttercup
    Free Member

Dirt Jumpers, I blame.

I do like how he said “I don’t know why I can’t get it for you this moment.”
    Then said he was at work. Surely, salesman, you have just now been an ah-hole.

Kevevs
    Free Member

sorry Flasheart I have flashbacks to having to read Othello out loud in English Lit A level. Sounds a bit like a workmate of mine the other week, who was selling a frame on Pinkbike and getting silly offers. Work boredom combined with smart-ass phones can be a heady mix.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

druidh, to double check its age and indeed its a gb capacity

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    Wrong. The internet is a better place cos of me

The world is a better place because you spend time on the internet

donsimon
    Free Member

This is my world. 🙁

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Gis a link to the phone?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Choon fi you dat, Mung Bean:

No s’true. Check pon it.

druidh
    Free Member

wysiwyg – Member
    druidh, to double check its age and indeed its a gb capacity

Cool. I didn’t know there was a way of doing that. I guess he could give you a fictitious serial number if he was scamming you though?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I tried listening, but there must be someting wrong with my radio, all i got was some interference, i think my radio might be stuck on shortwave

yunki
    Free Member

you enjoying them tunes then izzit elfin..? 😀

wysiwyg
    Free Member

druidh, he could but the chances of him giving me a serial number for a relatively rare 32gb would be slim. So ida known he was scamming if you see cos yer average phone is 16gb.

druidh
    Free Member

Ah – I just didn’t know there was somewhere you could look that up.

denisstrak
    Free Member

32gb rare? have you been smoking something?

trailmoggy
    Free Member

i got stung on there, stupidly i paid a bloke for a Chris King hub and the swine never sent it, i contacted pinkbike and in the meantime they had registerd him as a scammer. cos i paid him through the bank i had no comeback. i contacted the police both my local and West Mercia with his ip address last log in, bank details, basically all the information i had and they both told me it was each others responsability so i got nowhere fast and it was getting me down so i just left it.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

deniss> compared to 16gbs they are

konabunny
    Free Member

I had a brand new set of Talas 36 RLC FIT forks on there going for £700

What’s the cereal number?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

plonker comment removed 😳

martinxyz
    Free Member

C0C0 p0p5 luVV13 x

MartynS

eez wysiwyg -if I ever had to give an illustration of how some folk come across as assholes online – I’ll point them to this.

You are selling. Be a salesman. Or at least an adult.

I imagine / hope you’re nicer in real life.

no…. i think he was trying to buy something. Still never let the facts get in the way of a good rant

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Martyn – cheers and apologies. I got the wrong end of the stick there big time (champagne and all that!)

I’m going to go and edit out my comments as they are obviously erroneous. 😳

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Yes id hardly post this up if u were the seller would I!

MartynS

buuuuurp….

Martyn – cheers and apologies. I got the wrong end of the stick there big time (champagne and all that!)

I’m going to go and edit out my comments as they are obviously erroneous.

well done for being champagne’d up!! I’ve been drinking fosters…..!!

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘I ventured onto pinkbike, and got told to suck my daddies rooster or something..’ is closed to new replies.