Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • i-tunes question.
  • andycs

So, I have i-tunes on an old windows pc which is just about ready to die. Can I transfer i-tunes to my wifes apple computer and have separate accounts on the same computer? If I can, how do I do this? Idiot proof instructions if possible!!

somouk
    Free Member

Itunes is simply an application, are you referring to the Music within itunes?

cRaNkEnStEin
    Free Member

Two user accounts.

Two iTunes libraries.

Too easy.

CountZero

You don’t have to transfer anything. She’ll have iTunes on there already, you just set up an account with your Apple ID.
    Whatever music you have on your machine can be copied onto hers as a separate Library, although you might have to watch out for possible duplicates. Set up a separate playlist of your music, then you can point your account to your Library.
    I’m pretty sure that’s all you need to do, if not someone will correct me. 😀

andycs

Forgive the stupidity but how do I set up another account on the same computer?

cRaNkEnStEin
    Free Member

Start Menu

Control Panel

User Accounts… create new account.

leffeboy

Do you mean two iTunes accounts or two computer accounts?

crankenstein – do you have control panel on a mac?

I think CountZero has it all

cRaNkEnStEin
    Free Member

Both.

Logging in as User A and opening iTunes will access iTunes library A

Logging in as User B and opening iTunes will access iTunes library B

If you share a lot of the same music then you will be using twice the storage space, but no problem for a library of say 40Gb on a 1Tb HDD.

EDIT: All this is probably not helpful if using a Mac 😳

andycs

Right, 1 mac book air, wife has account and i-tunes all set up. I want to have my own account with music which I need to move from windows pc on the same mac book air. When I connect my i-pod I go to my account and when she connects hers she goes to her account. Is this possible?

cRaNkEnStEin
    Free Member

This might prove useful;

Apple iTunes Help

andycs

Thank you.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘i-tunes question.’ is closed to new replies.