Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I Tunes Import
  • lucien

Can I import a normal shop bought DVD to Itunes? If so, how?

Thanks for replies

gonefishin
    Free Member

Yes you can, but you will need software to do it.

Handbrake will take care of the ripping, but not any DRM copy protection that is on the disk. Something like Slysoft will do the job, but it is a commercial product albeit with a trial period that you can use if it’s only for a few bits and pieces. Google will probably reveal more DRM solutions.

allthegear
    Free Member

Yes, although the copy protection on the DVD isn’t there to make it an easy task…

First, you need some software. You’ll need something called Handbrake to convert the DVD into an MP4 movie and, just so that can understand the copy protection on the DVD, you’ll need to install VLC.

A search on Google should easily get you these tools and they are both free.

Obviously, don’t then go on to distribute the movies you create… (no, I’m not joking)

Rachel

lucien

It’s looking horribly complicated – I only want to play DVD’s when I’m away and seems that taking a DVD drive for the laptop would be a whole lot simpler……..

flamejob
    Free Member

The other problem is that it takes a long time to rip anything. I have a machine on my home network constantly ripping content for my Apple TV.

Stupid Movie companies.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘I Tunes Import’ is closed to new replies.