Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • I Touch new version
  • WaywardRider
    Free Member

Anyone heard rumours of when the next version is coming out. Considering buying one but would hate to purchase something redundant.

matthewjb
    Free Member

I think the timetable is June but I may be wrong.

Have you looked on Macrumors?

organic355
    Free Member

It comes out a week after you purchase the latest version

vrapan
    Free Member

Chances are the next version will be an incremental update nothing revolutionary. Guessing you will see some new ones end of the summer or something like that as they tend to update them once a year. I'd buy one now if I was in the market for one.

The only major change that you might see in the next version is a camera, which was supposedly an update destined for the current generation, but do you really care?

matthewjb
    Free Member

Chances are the next version will be an incremental update nothing revolutionary.

I thought the new one was going to have twice as much memory. That's what I'm waiting for.

vrapan
    Free Member

Extra capacity is what I'd call incremental update anyway but I doubt you will see a 128GB iPod Touch. Top capacity now is 64GB and flash memory prices haven't really dropped so if you are waiting for 128GB you might be waiting for quite a bit longer.

GrahamS

Next big thing will be an Apple tablet apparently.

Like a netbook size iPhone.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jeebus, it'll be like a **** feeding frenzy here when that comes out!

CountZero

The next version will be later this year, probably when the 4G iPhone is announced at WWDC in June. It will almost certainly be 128Gb, as Toshiba announced a week or so back the introduction of their next range of NAND flash modules for production this year. The iPhone takes one, and the Touch takes two, and each module will be 64Gb. The Touch may have a camera, and if so it'll be 5Mp, as Apple have allegedly ordered millions of 5Mp camera units. RAM and processor speed will probably double up too. I'm looking forward to a 64Gb iPhone, 'cos my contract comes up for renewal in June…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘I Touch new version’ is closed to new replies.