Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • I took the plunge on a 200mm dropper…
  • winch
    Free Member

… and after considerable time on the waiting list, this morning it finally arrived…

Vecnum Moveloc 200 on Flickr

Time to get fitting 😀

wwaswas

I took the plunge on a 200mm dropper

I can see what you did there 🙂

Could you not just have bought a frame that’s the right size 😉

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Guess it will be useful to giant nordic people.

mtbel
    Free Member

an “unboxing” thread 🙁

Very interested to hear about the actual product.

Gotama
    Free Member

Oooh interesting. These look good as its a relatively simple design (like a nice gravity dropper isn’t it?) so interested to see how you get on.

warpcow
    Free Member

Gotama – Member
    Oooh interesting.

That’s exactly what I was going to say (one less ‘o’ perhaps). Very interested to see some real feedback on one as they look really good , but rarely get mentioned.

Burchy1
    Free Member

Their other product looks a LOT better 😉

Rope Travel Adjust…

Northwind

I love their endurostring. But yeah, longer dropper post = better, I quite often drop the dropper in the frame on the big bike and it’s 150mm. Dead interested to see how it goes

mtbel
    Free Member

Words and pictures from someone who seems to have used one.
    http://enduro-mtb.com/en/exclusive-review-the-all-new-vecnum-moveloc-seatpost/

Can you only purchase these direct from Vecnum?

winch
    Free Member

I’ll certainly give some feedback once I’ve got it fitted and given it a ride. Initial impressions are that it is a very well made bit of kit. Very nice smooth action and no apparent play.

Instructions are in German only so fitting might take longer than expected…

steve_b77
    Free Member

Makes perfect sense to me 😯

“Sticking out bowden cables resp. hydraulic lines are thanks to the the remote control that is positioned at the fixed outer tube of the seatpost also a thing of the past. For a plus in ease of movement, functional safety and reliability – even after years of use”

wilko1999
    Free Member

Looks like it might have a bit of layback, or is it my imagination? If it has I could be keen to try one of these

winch
    Free Member

Well, it’s fitted. Not much to it really. The fitting video is pretty good. Heres a few pics and a little vid of it operating. Iphone production quality I’m afraid!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0Upk3-zvK4[/video]

After having a little play with it just up and down the street, I am very happy! I think the whole thing has been very well thought out. I can see how each of the positions is going to have their use. Can’t wait to give it a proper test 🙂 Only minor criticism so far is that with the lever set at a comfortable angle for me, the cable is pointing up at a bit of an angle. This I can live with!

wilko – No layback to my eye.

qwerty
    Free Member

Burchy1 – Member
    Their other product looks a LOT better

Rope Travel Adjust…

POSTED 2 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

😯

winch
    Free Member

I for one thought the rope thing was hilarious 😀 Lets hope they got the dropper right though!

wilko1999
    Free Member

No now its on your bike I can see its straight, darn. Looks good though, hope it performs well on the trails

deviant
    Free Member

A little video highlighting all their products….removable chin guard helmet, 200mm dropper, travel adjust rope (which actually doesnt look too bad!)….

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWc8WLPSPwU[/video]

Gotama
    Free Member

How did you order it? I’ve rummaged around on their website but to no avail. The shopping page, albeit in german so I was just guessing, didn’t seem to have a ‘buy it here’ button.

winch
    Free Member

Gotama – I signed up to the waiting list on their .com website (without changing it from german to english as this just sends you to their useless .net website). I just used google translate. After about a year (!) I got an email saying that I could order one as long as I did it in the next 5 days! A link to an order page on the website was included. I then had to pay by international bank transfer which from my bank cost an extra £10. The process was a pain but hopefully it’ll be worth it. This is the first to get sent to the UK so hopefully they will streamline the ordering and get paypal or something sensible set up soon.

Apparently if you sign up to the list now you should get a post in 3/4 months.

ThePinkster

I like the look of that helmet.

winch
    Free Member

Did a lap of Cannock with it yesterday and nothing to report really, it just worked as expected. The positions are where I want them and it made the lap so much more enjoyable (I am new to having a dropper). Very happy.

Burchy1
    Free Member

Slightly off topic Winch but what is the paint like on your Alpine Mk3? I’ve got an orange one and it falls off as you look at it, not a patch on my green Mk2 unfortunately. Amazing bike though! 😀

winch
    Free Member

No paint issues with mine thankfully Burchy. I have heli-taped the main tubes. Is it bear metal underneath when the orange comes off?

mtbel
    Free Member

I do hope so

mtbel
    Free Member

ps. keep us updated with how you get on with the post please.

al2000

Rope thing makes sense for non travel adjust forks and *long* alpine climbs. Seen plenty of guides use dog collars or bungee cords to do the same thing.

Post looks interesting – updates please!

Burchy1
    Free Member

Now there is a genre i didn’t know existed!
    Yeah straight through to the bare metal in a couple of places.

ferrousandy
    Free Member

Evening, you mention that the positions are spot on for you, does it have 3 or 4 set positions for height or is it infinite like a Reverb?

ferrousandy
    Free Member

Ah-ha! Further sniffing and a bit of Google translate has given me the answer! 4 position… Which I now assume correspond with the oval eyes in the side of the post?

winch
    Free Member

Yup, 4 positions. Top, bottom, top minus 40mm which is really useful for climbing more technical terrain, and half way which is good for undulating terrain when you just want to give your legs a little rest from standing and mashing once in a while. Luckily for me I can run it completely inserted in the seat tube and its a good height for pedalling at full extension, meaning when it’s fully dropped its right out of the way for hitting jumps and tight corners. Love it!

I think indefinite positioning would annoy me, this way I always know where the post is.

AlexSimon

Being able to drop 200mm is good, but I can’t see many people being able to do this:

Luckily for me I can run it completely inserted in the seat tube and its a good height for pedalling at full extension

I know I only have an inch more than a 125mm reverb available.

_tom_
    Free Member

Interesting, most droppers seemed too short for me but this looks ideal as I ride a tiny frame (scott voltage). 360 euros is a bit dear though!

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Nice – shame about the lever design though.

Even my old rattly RASE Bike dropper has a better design – on your setup it would tuck in like a mini brake lever next to your grips:

thegnarlycenturion
    Free Member

Any word since? Been on the mailing list for a good 6 months and still no word.. Desperately waiting (the 170mm option for me!). Has it developed play/problems etc?

winch
    Free Member

Since you asked Centurian…

By way of an update – The post continues to work perfectly. 🙂 I have a mate who’s been on the waiting list for a 170 for what seems like forever with no response. I don’t know what’s happening with them, I just hope there isn’t a problem with spares availability in the future! But for now I feel lucky to be enjoying 200mm of travel!

tooFATtoRIDE
    Free Member

Vecnum Moveloc 200 really looks very well designed. The waiting times are bit shocking for me and similar to YT Capra waiting times.
    I am glad you are enjoying this fine German product.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘I took the plunge on a 200mm dropper…’ is closed to new replies.