Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • I thought they were pretty much broke
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Eh? £20m sponsorship deal?

OK, so I’m happy to see the 6N being supported, obviously but at the same time, I have to wonder, if they’re on their uppers, WTF are RBS doing splurging cash at this? Equally, why are Northern Wreck still slurging cash on Newcastle rugby/soccer?

(Mostly) taxpayers money well spent?

desf
    Free Member

They’ll probably just use the money that the Chief Exec was going to get as a bonus.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I BELIEVE THEY ARE IN IT FOR A ‘TAX INCENTIVE’

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Steve-Austin
    Free Member

marketing/sponsorship will be part of the budget. As will hosting swanky parties.

its enough to make you sick

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well that’s private enterprise for you Captain.

What do you suggest – nationalisation ?

If so, according to your paper that looks very much on the cards :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/4292334/Royal-Bank-of-Scotland-driven-to-the-brink-of-nationalisation.html

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Northern Rock paid up front for a 3 year deal, suprised Mike Ashley when the next payment didn’t arrive

trailmonkey

if they’re on their uppers, WTF are RBS doing splurging cash at this?

Good thinking Cap’n. Business in trouble ? Stop all marketing and advertising. That should ensure future growth.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Still, at least the northern rock staff are getting their bonuses.
    Something we can all agree is a great idea..

BigDummy
    Free Member

Trailmonkey got there before me!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stop all advertising? Far from it.
    Cut back on needless expenditure when you are up to your eyeballs in financial trouble? Certainly

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Cut back on needless expenditure when you are up to your eyeballs in financial trouble

Come come now Captain, as a good Tory you should know that banks know best how to run their own affairs – without any interference from governments or anyone else.

What would Maggie say if she could hear such talk ?

😯

juan
    Free Member

well I am very very pissed off about politics as I HAD to admit the **** that is leading France as done something good.

Tax payer went to bank, but the government made sure none of the CEO got a bonus.

Bimbler
    Free Member

We, the taxpayers and therefore partial owners of RBS et al will never get our money back if the banks aren’t allowed to carry out business more or less as normal (no toxic derivatives pleased). Sponsorship is part of marketing and advertising and as such should be allowed to continue – it’s how business is done.

oldgit
    Free Member

The Northern Rock bonuses! what stunning PR. Regardless of how the bonuses were allocated I’m sure it’s not going to sit well with their customers.

I would like to know though, how it can justify/afford bonuses when I beleive it still owes the government a few bob.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘I thought they were pretty much broke’ is closed to new replies.