Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • I thought On-One weren't selling Angora any more?
  • hexhamstu
    Free Member

I almost bought one, until I looked up what angora was.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Brant said On One would stop sourcing it -presumably he chose that word carefully.

toys19
    Free Member

yeah if they have it already then I guess it is too late to apply the morals, I don’t see the harm in buying their old stock.

twoniner
    Free Member

iolo – Member
    For how long? Stock will be in the warehouse for a couple of months, once the dust has steeled it will be business as usual

Looks like iolo wasn’t far wrong in the previous thread.

Drac

It’s only 2 weeks since they decided to stop sourcing it so still have stocks left. They are currently still selling their stocks it would seem. If you don’t agree with Angoura wool then simply don’t purchase any.

toys19
    Free Member

TBH I’m gonna get me one of those hoodies now I have seen that linked here. I don’t want those bunnies to have died in vain.

RoganJosh
    Free Member

The main crime here is anyone buying those mingin hats/jumpers. Yuk. Maybe they should be donated as apology blankies to the bunnies?

hora
    Free Member

They dont die though.

If the bunnies weren’t cute but looked like monk fish would Peta etc actually focus their attention? No.

Drac

They’re not that cure.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Well he didn’t say they were just going to pile it high and set fire to it (which would be even worse). Regardles of the ethics of how it was manufactured it may as well be sold and used then O-O (and M&S etc) can boycot it in future.

By the sounds of it they were guilty of taking the claims of humane treatment at face value, of which theres no evidence to sugest otherwise, except some farms where wool was sourced for another manufactuer who made the same claims are being checked out by that manufacturer (somethign O-O probably dont have the resources to do). So it could all still be perfectly OK (unless you’re vegan).

cookeaa

@Drac – That a Mogwai, mid-transformation, having eaten after midnight and I claim my £5…

shermer75
    Free Member

Just watched a bit of the PETA video. Horrible!!

Drac

Maybe watch one of the ones where they shear them instead.

cookeaa

Its suddenly come over all “animalrightstackworld” anyone going Vegan?
    When did you lot suddenly acquire Morals?

Most importantly, should I cancel my other PX order:

hora
    Free Member

From the video they are plucking the stuff off

http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/19936873/chinese-farms-torture-live-angora-rabbits-for-fur-peta-says/

Yes its roughly done but jesus looking at how quick it is.

I wonder how many times the bolt etc etc doesn’t work on cows, etc or the distress that animals go through when they are in the abattoir?

Are Jews and Muslims ‘bad’ people? I ate Halal chicken for lunch, sure slitting an animals throat isn’t instant death.

Again, if it was a bloody ugly animal would anyone object to it being plucked?

user-removed
    Free Member

Whatever you may think, lots of people, myself included, don’t care a fig about what the animal looks like. It’s about animals suffering utterly needlessly.

hora
    Free Member

Then turn vegetarian. A meat eater should know it goes with the territory. You can’t guarantee that every plate of meat on your daily plate was instant and painless death. Sorry.

MrSparkle

Don’t look back in angora.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

stevious

Back on topic, I think one-one/px should probably add something to the description of the angora stuff on their site to clarify their policy. Just a wee sentence saying something like ‘we’re not making these any more this is our existing stock that we didn’t want to waste’, or whatever their policy is.

hora
    Free Member

Why not tell Brant this? Personally if the jacket was cheaper I’d buy it.

My cotton undies are made in low-cost countries. Who knows who of us are wearing clothes made by children/people in really really bad conditions too?

Its a **** bunny thats being plucked FFS.

toys19
    Free Member

Who knows who of us are wearing clothes made by children/people in really really bad conditions too?

I totally agree. This is way more important than a plucked bunny, and what I find flawed about the animal rights movement. I remember a poor woman who gave up her life for veal calves under the wheels of a lorry at some port in the 90’s. It seemed so misplaced to me that at the time kids around the world were dying of starvation and suffering cruel inhumane treatment under all sorts of conditions (as they are today) and yet there is uproar about the bunnies.

Kids in factories working 12-14hrs a day to provide us with cheap crap, or on the streets begging. I expect they care about the bunnies too..

cookeaa

If they were to source humainly shaved Bunnies from the UK would that be OK?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

toys19, you’re assuming that jill phipps (and other AR campaigners) didn’t care/campaign for human rights issues too.
    many do. and yes, true, many don’t either, but there’s plenty of us who care about the treatment of all beings, human and non-human.

kayak23

hora – Member

They dont die though.

If the bunnies weren’t cute but looked like monk fish would Peta etc actually focus their attention? No.

Yes.

Hora
    Again, if it was a bloody ugly animal would anyone object to it being plucked?

Again, yes.

wrecker
    Free Member

toys19
    Free Member

jill phipps (and other AR campaigners) didn’t care/campaign for human rights issues too.
    many do. and yes, true, many don’t either, but there’s plenty of us who care about the treatment of all beings, human and non-human.

No I’m not assuming anything, I am just wondering where all the vocal calls are on here to stop us from purchasing pretty much anything that is for sale in the bike industry, as you can bet your life we will find some cruel or inhumane treatment of PEOPLE along the value chain. When all that stuff is fixed, I will start worrying about the animals.
    I cannot remember the last time someone in the Uk gave up their life because NSPCC funding or the local care budget was cut.

kayak23

toys19 – Member

Who knows who of us are wearing clothes made by children/people in really really bad conditions too?

I totally agree. This is way more important than a plucked bunny, and what I find flawed about the animal rights movement. I remember a poor woman who gave up her life for veal calves under the wheels of a lorry at some port in the 90’s. It seemed so misplaced to me that at the time kids around the world were dying of starvation and suffering cruel inhumane treatment under all sorts of conditions (as they are today) and yet there is uproar about the bunnies.

Kids in factories working 12-14hrs a day to provide us with cheap crap, or on the streets begging. I expect they care about the bunnies too..

I think the point about animal welfare/rights is that animals have absolutely no voice. They NEED people to act for them. Of course what happens to Humans is horrendous too, but that doesn’t mean that animals should be utterly abused as they currently are.

Maybe if we were a species who respected animals, we might begin to respect ourselves too? We are also animals after all…

toys19
    Free Member

Ummm so 10 year old children have a voice?

walleater

So it’s not possible to care about people AND animals? :facepalm:

wrecker
    Free Member

you can bet your life we will find some cruel or inhumane treatment of PEOPLE along the value chain.

Are they skinning people alive and making bikes out of them?

toys19
    Free Member

So it’s not possible to care about people AND animals? :facepalm:

Of course you can. I am just wondering where is the thread you started campaigning for people not to buy anything from one one, crc, wiggle etc that was manufactured on the backs of small children?
    There appears to be very little passion for this kind of stuff, but a huge amount of passion for cute little bunnies. Its wierd.

Tiger6791

Ummm so 10 year old children have a voice?

Our 7 year old doesn’t shut up…

Ever….

hora
    Free Member

Are they skinning people alive

The rabbits are being roughly plucked. I don’t see them being skilled. Have you seen a skinned rabbits? I used to do this- it looks like a friggin alien.

Our 7 year old doesn’t shut up…

My three year old announced last week that he wanted another new bike

toys19
    Free Member

I guess its a form of moral equivalence, imagine if you could remove one child from work at age 10 and send them to school and university, or save 1000 bunnies from being plucked?
    I go for helping the kid.

richc
    Free Member

My three year old announced last week that he wanted another new bike

Three years on the same bike? I would be getting that kid DNA checked Hora, as it doesn’t sound like he could be yours, with that kind of sticking power.

toys19
    Free Member

hora
    Free Member

Hes my kid alright, he cant stop falling off bikes 😆

How come Brant isn’t allover this thread? Afterall its a thread to sell his products.

jameso

Taiwan (where lots of our stuff gets made) has a history of ignoring its own child labour laws.

“Apple executives must have been delighted when Mike Daisey, the playwright and star, recently retracted his nastiest allegations about the mistreatment of workers making Apple’s products in China. Apparently, he did not meet a worker poisoned by exposure to chemicals, or child workers at the factory gate.”
    If anything that article is about difficulty of evaluation of supply chains and how the brands’ demands create varying hours for staff. It’s not about Taiwan being full of 8 year-old welders.

edit, refers to a post removed now.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘I thought On-One weren't selling Angora any more?’ is closed to new replies.