Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • I thought I would find out what all the fuss was about…
  • allthegear
    Free Member

…and I guess I will find out in 5 minutes or so. I’m expecting to break it in another 5…
    Rachel

sharki
    Free Member

Oh dear!

allthegear
    Free Member

errr – it just goes up and down. I don’t get it.

codebauer
    Free Member

Exactly what I thought…Apple TV, oh dear

sharki
    Free Member

BTW, that’s a micro chopper not a dildo.

HTH

scaredypants

a micro chopper not a dildo

To be fair, one often necessitates the other 😳

allthegear
    Free Member

don’t you dare get my thread closed!!!!

Okay, it was only £15 (hey – I’m not exactly going to spend a fortune on one!!) but it’s not exactly complicated to fly or anything. Not sure it would keep my attention all night like some people seem to claim.

Emma – you were right…

Rachel

rOcKeTdOg

Girl with a chopper. Interesting 🙂

allthegear
    Free Member

oh – and the AppleTV? Brilliant – best thing plugged into the TV by miles.

Rachel

Stoner
    Free Member

lol@RD

john_drummer
    Free Member

errr – it just goes up and down

looking at it, it doesn’t appear to have a swash plate to tilt the rotors. I suppose you can make it turn from side to side though?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh this makes me so happy. 😀

allthegear
    Free Member

yes – it has a turn left and right thing – it seems to slowly move forward by itself all the time – is that right? (the instructions are not exactly comprehensive)

Rachel

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’m waiting for Miracle Mart to get the ESky Belt CPX back in stock. This should really annoy mrs feet!

sharki
    Free Member

Next time buy 15quids worth of breakfast cereal, at least you can play with the box afterwards for much more fun than a 5 minute chopper can.

allthegear
    Free Member

15 quids worth of breakfast cereal? Oh – you mean those Dorset Cereals???? 😀

Yes – it think it would be a good idea but at least I know for certain – I’m always prepared to find out for certain myself…

Rachel

emsz
    Free Member

Letting the side down Rachel… 😀

john_drummer
    Free Member

I guess the rotors are ever so slightly tilted forwards so yes, it would do that. You’ll only get it to go forwards faster, or backwards, if you put a weight on either the nose or the tailboom respectively.

Look at the pic of the Belt CP above, just above the white body is the swash plate. this is what tilts the rotors forward/backwards/side-to-side to make it move in that direction. Yours doesn’t appear to have this.

Some of the cheaper 3-channel ones have co-axial rotors and a third rotor on the end of the tail boom, pointing upwards – this will give more (or less lift) and allow backwards/forwards, but to get full movement in 3 dimensions (forwards, backwards, roll, pitch and yaw), you need something that’ll tilt the rotors – typically a “swash plate” as shown above

allthegear
    Free Member

far from it emsz – I’m proving they’re all mental through experiment… 😀

emsz
    Free Member

John, you need to get out more. LOL

emsz
    Free Member

Don’t need experiments for that Rach, they ARE all mental. 😆

john_drummer
    Free Member

probably 🙂

allthegear
    Free Member

I’m beginning to think you’re right, emsz…

Rachel

pitduck
    Free Member

i like kelly opters 😀

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘I thought I would find out what all the fuss was about…’ is closed to new replies.