Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I think that was the coldest night I have ridden…..
  • iainc

7 of us headed out round some of the lower trails at Mugdock tonight – temp in car park before setting off was minus 7, on return minus 10 ! Absolutley cracking – grippy lovely snow, ranging from hard packed to 6 inches plus of fluffy stuff, still air (almost hurt breathing though!). Some comedy moments but no major tumbles and amazingly no real mechanicals, a few frozen gears and brakes.

Apart from cold fingers and ears for the first 5 or 10 minutes, the extreme cold was fine when moving – wouldn't have liked to stop for a puncture though…

That's what it's all about 😆

pistola
    Free Member

Bluddy brilliant.

ton

we had a ride last night, me, chb, gooner and land…..
    did about 10 miles on the crispiest crunchiest trails ever.
    we retired to the pub for a xmas pint, to come out to a snow blizzerd…
    brilliant. 8)

iainc

just went out to lube the bike. Now, we have an integral garage so it shouldn't be that cold – there is still ice on the tyres and front mech, 20 hrs after finishing riding ! jeez, it's cold 😆 the door from kitchen to garage is like an airlock, 22 deg to about zero in 2 inches !!

steviegil
    Free Member

I toyed with heading out late afternoon yesterday but the temprature was -9 at 3pm so i wimped out and opened a bottle of wine 😆

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘I think that was the coldest night I have ridden…..’ is closed to new replies.