Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • I think people can stop inventing things now.
  • wwaswas

No-one’s going to top this.

jam-bo

no, they can’t stop until the hoverboard is a reality.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Oooh, that’s good. In a crap kind of way.

I ‘invented’ a paint brush with a lever for opening the tins in the handle – unsurprisingly had already been done but only patented 12 months previously – pah!

ninfan
    Free Member

So what am I supposed to clean my Glasses on now?

craigxxl
    Free Member

no, they can’t stop until the hoverboard is a reality

+1. I need one for my midlife crisis.

Nobby

So what am I supposed to clean my Glasses on now?

I’ve an Endura jersey that has a glasses wipe sewn in. :-\

lemonysam
    Free Member

That would also make a handy snot wipe.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

I invented trainers that could charge your phone/ipod while you run. Was beaten to it by some kid 🙁 guess the yacht will have to wait.

slowoldman

I’ve an Endura jersey that has a glasses wipe sewn in. :-\

It took me a while to figure out what that was. A bit tiny though isn’t it?

ssboggy

I invented a mobile phone that can be fully recharged by microwaving on high fo 30 seconds but Apple just beat me to it 😉

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

I invented a mobile phone that can be fully recharged by microwaving on high fo 30 seconds but Apple just beat me to it 

I’d heard that. Cool feature or what? Waterproof as well now.

johndoh
    Free Member

I invented remote control lighting (replacement wall switches controlled by a programmable master controller) then found out it had been done.

And when I was a kid I invented hydraulic cutters for emergency services. I couldn’t believe it when I saw them on Tomorrow’s World a few years later.

Ohh, then I invented (quite recently) radio transmitter darts that could be shot at moving vehicles so they could be tracked at a safe distance and found out (when I started to research it) that California had just started trialling a similar system.

Harry_the_Spider

Tidal powered plant pot sharpener.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve got two awesome inventions waiting to be rolled out. I just need someone to manufacture them for me. Hard work, this inventing stuff.

dannybgoode

I shit you not

should anyone want one.

/endthread

stumpy01

I had the idea while at uni of a hand drier that worked using a powerful air knife to blow the water off your hands, rather than heat and a load of rubbing your hands together nonsense.
    This was while i was working on industrial placement and looking into the problem of blowing water off tin cans in a pet food factory (done using air knives).

Never got round to doing anything about it although I looked at buying a second-hand hand drier several times to butcher the parts for a prototype.

Imagine my annoyance when I opened The Times about 5yrs after graduating and saw that Dyson was set to take over the hand drying world with this Airblade hand drier…..damn you, procrastination!!

jon1973
    Free Member

Airblade dryers make it difficult to sleep in the toilet cubical. It’s like trying to sleep next to a runway.

TimP
    Free Member

Going back to the OP, my old rugby club tie could be purchased with nudie lady pictures in that bit – much better than microfibre

markrtw
    Free Member

Have you read the reviews for this on amazon???
    Everyone in the office is pi55ing themselves…

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Hoverboard has been done already

sorry and all that…

Saw one on Friday – pretty awesome

lemonysam
    Free Member

Airblade dryers make it difficult to sleep in the toilet cubical. It’s like trying to sleep next to a runway.

In the Town Wall in Newcastle they’ve installed the most powerful hand driers I’ve ever seen in my life. If you put your hands too close to the vent and don’t react instantly they’re actually quite painful.

mogrim

Hover boards are OK, but I really want a speeder bike. (Or a Star Destroyer, but a speeder bike would do).

molgrips
    Free Member

What stars do you want to destroy?

wwaswas

What stars do you want to destroy?

Nicolas Cage?

brooess
    Free Member

Too late.
    Outside of weddings and estate agents, who actually wears a tie these days?

aracer
    Free Member

I invented the wheel, and was very upset to find that whilst I was working on the finer details somebody else had already patented it.

But that’s OK because I have this even more awesome invention I’m going to make lots of money with. It involves rubbing two sticks together to make something which you can use to keep warm.

brooess
    Free Member

I invented the wheel, and was very upset to find that whilst I was working on the finer details somebody else had already patented it.

Maybe there’s a new size wheel you could patent? Or has that been done already?

aracer
    Free Member

Don’t be silly, nobody would fall for such a stupid idea.

CountZero

aracer – Member
    Don’t be silly, nobody would fall for such a stupid idea.

It improves the ride qualities of the bike quite considerably!

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘I think people can stop inventing things now.’ is closed to new replies.